Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

primarycolors

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
CA
Grabbed coffee coming home from Cupertino today and saw this folder left behind by someone. I’m nosy and peeked through — seems to be a branding presentation for an upcoming phone. There is a big emphasis on "going green."

It looks pretty Apple-like and the September date certainly lines up. I’m curious to hear your thoughts? Could they be preparing a “green” 15R?

I realize this is pretty risky to leak potential internal documents but compared to the other leaks on here I figure it might be vague enough to be okay 😅

Attachments

• IMG_1582.jpeg
    IMG_1582.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 823
  • IMG_1580.jpeg
    IMG_1580.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_1591.jpeg
    IMG_1591.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_1594.jpeg
    IMG_1594.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 642

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
I think if a green iPhone was coming there would have been a leak before now if that was the case. Maybe the “green” references the direction the business is going in with making smarter choices with sustainability in mind in regard to the environment etc?

AppleProductUser

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2023
I definitely wasn't too sure at first about it going off of the first few stacks of paper you posted... but then I realized at the end with the green outline of the phone... Maybe this is exactly what Apple wants to promo for it. For years we never gotten a straight forward promo with new colors from them. This just might be spot on 👀 Especially the hinting of the "R" like in previous years there have been "S" and "SE"

Rnd-chars

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2023
Interesting. It looks like a more environmentally friendly phone, but the fact that the billboard doesn’t say “iPhone” anywhere seems odd since Apple generally features that in their ads.

It seems like a lower cost product that would replace the SE line, which would be a reasonable approach that helps grow sales in the lower cost market while progressing on environmental goals.

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2023
If I had to hedge a bet. I'd say service industry, most likely refurbishing outfit. Given the design language consistency developed across their lineup, the Creative Director that made the choice for the R either had some serious pull or is heading out the door soon.

Nevertheless I hope to be wrong and for it to be a 13 mini sized 15(x)R :D

Last edited:

primarycolors

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
CA
[R] as in recyclable?
That does seem plausible. And/or made from recycled materials? Is there a limit to how many times certain materials can be recycled?

If I had to hedge a bet. I'd say service industry, most likely refurbishing outfit.
That would actually make sense even if it isn't Apple. Could be a company that markets quality refurb (lol [R]efurb) phones.

Apple or not I'm very curious what this will end up being.

AlixSPQR

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2020
Sweden
That does seem plausible. And/or made from recycled materials? Is there a limit to how many times certain materials can be recycled?
Yes, recycled is also a possibility. Metals and minerals can be recycled indefinitely, but not polymers without complete transformation, I believe. These papers may also be marketing dummies for apprentices, or the likes.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
It’s the iPhone 15 pro max, Apple will rebrand themselves as “R”, and the phone will be made out of biodegradable industrial hemp.

Or, it’s the fairphone 6.

Reactions: tomtad

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Grabbed coffee coming home from Cupertino today and saw this folder left behind by someone. I’m nosy and peeked through — seems to be a branding presentation for an upcoming phone. There is a big emphasis on "going green."

It looks pretty Apple-like and the September date certainly lines up. I’m curious to hear your thoughts? Could they be preparing a “green” 15R?

I realize this is pretty risky to leak potential internal documents but compared to the other leaks on here I figure it might be vague enough to be okay 😅
I assume this is a joke/troll post.

If not, let's pick it apart:

• Big emphasis on "going green"
    • Apple is already "going green" and has been for years. This is nothing new. They regularly tout the newest "green" thing they've done (used more recycled parts, being more efficient, etc etc)
  • It looks pretty Apple-like
    • It looks Apple-like because it looks "modern" and lots of companies try to emulate Apple. Other than the font (which isn't the typical Apple font), it actually looks very non-Apple.
      • Apple never uses language like "UpgRade" with a random letter capitalized in any advertising.
      • "We think therefore we R." Sounds very not Apple (find a single Apple ad where they use a single letter in place of a word).
      • The "R" in the docs also has a non-closed box around it (two of the corners are open/different). Not like Apple—Apple would have a complete box around it like the "S" suffix on 4S, 5S, etc models.
  • "15R"
    • Apple has only ever used the "R" branding on one phone (iPhone XR) and it's not made an appearance since. Low chances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.