Found iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SpaceKitty, Aug 16, 2010.

1. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I found an iPhone laying in my front yard a little while ago. It's a little wet from the rain but works perfectly. The sim is deactivated but shows 3 recent voicemails. The phone number still works and I left a message.

If you live in Boomfield Colorado and lost an iPhone beginning with 303-619, contact me, I found your iPhone or check your messages. :)

2. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Take it to an Apple store in your area, and have them find the owner of that phone. :)

3. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

check the contact info..call the home or some people in there ask them if the person mention they lost there iphone...ah i love it when people to the right thing:):apple:

4. SpaceKitty thread starter macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

For sure! I just thought I would post this in a few places just in case until morning.
    Already done!

5. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Yup, me too. Hopefully our iPhones won't get lost, but if they did, it would be nice if the person who found it made every attempt possible to get it back to us.

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Yeah, my iPod fell out of our car a few years ago and the person who found it mailed it back. It's nice when people go out of their way to return lost

7. SpaceKitty thread starter macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

That ended very well.

The owner called me back and we met up at 7-11 and he has his phone back. He's a 14 year old. He was out with some friends on Saturday night when someone in the car he was in threw his phone out the window. They stopped and he couldn't find it in the dark. Luckily it didn't break because it had landed in the rocks under a tree. It was in a cheap white case.

He's very happy. :)

I only saw it when I saw a reflection on the screen when I was walking up to the porch.

8. Dualica macrumors member

Dualica

I like happy endings :)

The woman who found my iPhone thought it right to keep it :( I did everything possible to block the phone from further usage, had it blacklisted with its IMEI-number. Can be used as deco, no more

Have a wonderful day :)

9. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

lucky kid.

i lost my 1st gen iphone on a train from NYC to Long Island. fell out of my pocket and left it in the seat.

called lost and found and let them know. i live in TN however, so they called a week later saying they thought they might have my phone - to come by with an ID, a charger, and they would power it up to see if it was mine. and i was across the country by that point.

never got it back. plus they said it was in a leather case, and the case on mine was rubber. so who knows if it was even the right one.

EDIT: That's what 3 dollar 32 ounce beers in the subway will get you.