Found iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by buntys82, Apr 6, 2013.

1. buntys82 macrumors newbie

My Friend found an Iphone 5... can he use the same.. and wont he get caught... if he inserts his sim and can the phone get blocked by the previous user...

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You're "friend" wouldn't think about returning, would he? Possibly someone might like to get it back.

No, stupid of me, finders keepers...right?

:rolleyes:

3. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

You or your friend could try and return it first...

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

5. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't ask that question on here. If the phone is deemed stolen then it could be blocked by the carrier. If it's AT&T the IMEI is blocked and it can't be used in AT&T or T-Mobile. Only overseas. So you'll have an nice iPod.

6. maliu macrumors 6502a

Yes he can get caught and if the phone has been reported stolen he could be charged with possession of stolen goods. Tell him to return it. It feels good to do something right.

7. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

That is true, assuming OP's "friend" who "found" the phone, has anything resemble a conscience, or any sense of ethics. Just the fact that OP's "friend", who "found" the phone, wants to know how to activate the phone, and "won't get caught", leads me to wonder if those developmental elements might be absent from his character development.

8. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

9. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Just watch. Bunty here will be in a little later wondering why his "friend's" "found" phone is flagged as stolen. If he doesn't ask why cracked apps are boot looping his phone first. :rolleyes:

Hope your new phone breaks soon.

10. applejuice99 macrumors member

If I were you I would return it. The correct owner would have probably enabled "Find My iPhone" so would be able to track it. Besides it feels good returning someone's phone as they are likely to be very grateful

11. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

don't change the sim. just keep using the phone. that way you won't even have to pay for the monthly service. he/she won't get caught...

12. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

13. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

14. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502