Found iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac'nCheese, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I found a barely breathing iPhone in the parking lot where I work today in NJ. Charged it up, but couldn't get past locked screen. When someone called, I couldn't answer it because the screen is so cracked, my finger swipe didn't work. My iMac did hook up to the phone so all your data is not lost. I won't be back to work until Wed so if my co-worker happens to also be a macrumors member, look for either company wide email or signs by security check in or, of course, im me here. I will not leave it with security, I don't trust those guys and want to hand it to the owner personally. Be prepared to tell me what picture you use for the wallpaper, I can pretty much make out the whole thing, even with the cracked screen.

2. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I would leave it on, so if the owner has find my iPhone he knows where to go.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I don't have that feature (at least I don't think I do). I have left his on simply because it won't shut off due to cracked screen. How accurate is it? Can he find my house or just narrow it down to a few blocks? Trying to get company wide email address today so I can warn him that it wasn't stolen and he shouldn't wipe any data (if that's possible) remotely. It is in friendly hands...

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Here's a little "trick" that I just thought of.

If you plug the phone into your iTunes and go to the phone under devices. Look in the music, video, books, etc.. folders. If they purchased of that content from the Apple store. You can right click on the item and under summary it'll give their name and email address / itunes id.

You can try to contact them like that.

5. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

That's sharp. Good call.

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, itunes won't let me do that. It says can not access PAVAN'S IPHONE since it has a passcode. However, I do have a name now. First or last, I do not know. But I can search that tomorrow at work.

7. elan123 macrumors 6502

That would work, good trick.