Found my dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by meistervu, May 25, 2013.

1. meistervu, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013

meistervu macrumors 65816

I have been thinking about getting a dock for my iPhone 5 since it came out last year, but there has been nothing that really interested me. Te one makes by Belkin seemed to be the best to me, but $40 for a plain dock is a bit much IMHO.

Then I saw this Philips DS3110/37 at Costco for $70.

[​IMG]

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/audio-system/for-ipod-iphone-battery-ac-powered-ds3110_37/prd/en/

I decided to give it a try. Initially I was just looking for a convenient way to charge the phone, but I thought I may enjoy using the speakers by my bed. I was a bit hesitant because I wasn't how it sounds. Ideally I would have a dock and a set of AirPlay speakers, but this is simpler, and may be it is good enough for the bedroom.

I am happy to report that this speaker dock is great: well built, stable, nice design, clear sound with enough volume to fill a small room.

In particular, I love how clear it sounds at low volume, which I often listen at when I am reading in bed. I don't get distortion when I crank it up either.

I don't use a case, but I notice that the connector will tilt forward a bit to accommodate some cases.

Any how, for not much more than the cost of a plain Kensington dock, you can get a Philips speaker dock. I think it's a bargain.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Lightning docks/ alarm clocks are expensive compared to 30 pin docks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

3. Zmanbaseball2, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013

Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Or their just lazy to make one lol:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2