Found my old HTC TyTN last week, iPhone has really upped my expectations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steviem, Jun 28, 2009.

1. steviem macrumors 68020

May 26, 2006
    New York, Baby!
    I found my old HTC TyTN last week, and decided that I'd try putting Windows Mobile 6.5 on there and try using it for a week to see how it goes and the following really showed up for me:

-WM6.5 does actually look quite nice, but the transitions and scrolling are too slow.
    -3G speeds are good, but the standard browser is still not very good with coping with full web sites, seems to be the best site to go on, which is a shame.
    -The hardware keyboard is good, but being used to using hardly any pressure when typing on the iPhone made me slower on the HTC.
    -ActiveSync wouldn't let me use my home Exchange server because I have a self signed certificate. On the iPhone, I can just accept it and it's happy.
    -A2DP is built in on the TyTN, this was enough for me to want to use it for a few days, as I don't need a dongle for it, but still, it drains the battery more than it does on the iPhone.
    -Call quality on the HTC is so much better than on the iPhone 2G (but that could be down the the gunk in the microphone holes that I just cleaned out.

All in All, I can kind of see why I had the TyTN back then, and remember tethering my iPod Touch to it when I wanted to browse the internet because it does have an awful browser. But however much apple annoys me (like no A2DP for iPhone 2G) I don't think I can go away from iPhoneOS.
  2. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2008
    London, UK
    That's what I find about Apple. The lack of some features are usually forgiveable because it's so damn nice to live with on a daily basis.