Found my (reported) stolen iphone, now what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eastbay, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Eastbay macrumors newbie

Okay so a month ago in a drunken stupor I lost my iPhone. I thought it had been stolen at the bar. I reported it stolen to Verizon, and did the remote wipe from find my iPhone.

Turns out its was in my bed frame the whole time. Don't ask. I have the iPhone 6 now, I guess I want to sell this 5 now. What should I do next? Verizon store, Apple store? I am the original owner, I assume it shouldn't be too hard to match that up and see I'm not trying to re sell a stolen iPhone or commit fraud.

2. holycowe macrumors member

Just call Verizon and let them know you found it, ask them to un-blacklist it. Otherwise, nobody can use it in the states.
    But your story doesn't make any sense. You have find my iPhone on, you know how to remotely swipe it and you don't know how to track it, play sound???

3. kepler20b macrumors 6502

maybe battery died before he went to find my iphone?

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

As long as you're the original owner, your carrier should be able to assist you.

5. Eastbay thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly. Battery died. Haven't plugged it in yet, so the wipe is actually still pending. Not worried about it wiping, just want to un black list it so I can sell it.