Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandersHokie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
I have pre-ordered the iphone 3G. I am 1st in line right now so I should be getting it next week hopefully.

My question is, was I suppose to tell AT&T before I ordered the iphone that I was capable of being on the FAN? I didn't even know what it was till i searched and I entered my student e-mail and it said i am capable.

Or do I just tell them when I pick it up and sign up for my plan that I am a FAN?

thanks.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I have pre-ordered the iphone 3G. I am 1st in line right now so I should be getting it next week hopefully.

My question is, was I suppose to tell AT&T before I ordered the iphone that I was capable of being on the FAN? I didn't even know what it was till i searched and I entered my student e-mail and it said i am capable.

Or do I just tell them when I pick it up and sign up for my plan that I am a FAN?

thanks.

when you establish your account, just tell them and they will apply the FAN Code to your account

shinenjk

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
Boston, MA
thanks. what kind of benefits will i receive? cheaper monthly bills?

There's a link where you can register online. I lost it but it's somewhere in this forum. Hopefully someone will post that link here for you. As for what discounts you can receive - call AT&T and ask. I get 15% just off my rate plan which is sort of weak but hey I'll take it.

SandersHokie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
There's a link where you can register online. I lost it but it's somewhere in this forum. Hopefully someone will post that link here for you. As for what discounts you can receive - call AT&T and ask. I get 15% just off my rate plan which is sort of weak but hey I'll take it.

nice, thanks. i'm guessing though i can't register for it right now because i do not have an account with AT&T yet. I was thinking of getting a loner phone until my iphone came in just to test the network, but then just said screw it and decided to just wait. hopefully my iphone will be here next week.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
thanks. what kind of benefits will i receive? cheaper monthly bills?
The FAN discount is different for each company or group. Most FANs only cover service plans, some FAN's include features, please note that both of the iPhone data plans are considered Features and are not service plans.

Please verify that your FAN provides the specific discounts that you are expecting on your iPhone. You want to provide the FAN number when you activate your phone as you may receive a waived activation as a FAN feature. It could save you $36

You can start the registration process by entering your work email address a this link:

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/en_US/phones-devices/iReady.jsp

maknik

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
I did the registration process starting at the above url, got an email confirming my discount, and followed the link to at&t's business store. Where do I find my FAN itself so that I can have it in hand when I go to the AT&T store to buy an iPhone?

shinenjk

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
Boston, MA
I did the registration process starting at the above url, got an email confirming my discount, and followed the link to at&t's business store. Where do I find my FAN itself so that I can have it in hand when I go to the AT&T store to buy an iPhone?

Don't worry about it, your account should be automatically updated and the employees at the store should be able to see it.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Did you complete the Online Validation Process?

You need to go to this URL and enter the required information to complete the process.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/

Once the process is complete and your FAN is applied to your account, it will be displayed in the top right side of the OLAM screen when you login to your account.

http://www.attwireless.com/myaccount/

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Lucky you. My FAN discount doesn't cover the iPhone at all ...even if it isn't on the primary account (we have a family plan). So if I decide to activate my iPhone I'll lose the discount completely (it's 45%). So yeah, tough decision.

jameschoun

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
I am also a fan acct holder... I just signed up today, however didn't get the confirmation email... Used my gmail instead of work. It does show up in my olam, but shows that I do not get any discount on anything. Any ideas?

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I am also a fan acct holder... I just signed up today, however didn't get the confirmation email... Used my gmail instead of work. It does show up in my olam, but shows that I do not get any discount on anything. Any ideas?
You can't use your gmail address. The email address you submit is validated against a list of valid email domains and gmail.com is not going to work.

Please read the information below the "Continue" button on this page.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/

Your other option is to go to a AT&T Corporate store and have it added there, you will need to provide one of the vaild proof of ids listed on the above page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.