Found Perfect Folio for me -- Fossil Reader

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by chris8535, May 16, 2010.

1. chris8535 macrumors member

UPDATE -- NOW WITH VIDEO BELOW

I walked into the downtown SF Westfield to visit fossil to get the leather sleeve they made for it, thinking it was the best I could do event though I knew I wouldn't be satisfied... and low and behold they said they got in a new case called the Reader.

It looks like this but is the large version:
    http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/st...-1F55-DF11-BAA3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

I was overjoyed because I wanted a case which allowed me to put in a notepad, pen, and a few tiny items along with the iPad which slips in the side sleeve. You could also sort of fit it in the straps, but that isnt' a good fit and is more for paper.

What a great find -- I'd suggest it to anyone looking for more of a professional folio instead of the silly looking sleeves and cases I see around.

2. risalvor macrumors newbie

Looks Good

I love the look of this case. Exactly what I need for when I have to look a bit more professional for work. Doesn't look like it's available anywhere online yet, though.
    Is this case made specifically for the iPad, or is it just a larger version of the one on their site that happens to fit an iPad-sized device?

3. chris8535 thread starter macrumors member

I'm not sure, but it fits the iPad perfectly in the side pocket. It doesn't have the velvety stuff that their official iPad case has on the inside, nor does it fit in the straps (which seem more for paper). I thought it might be for the Kindle XL or something, but that wouldn't fit -- so I don't know what OTHER device its for.

I found it in store and online its de-listed. I don't know if that means they aren't selling it anymore or haven't started to sell it. They seemed to have plenty at the SF store.

4. risalvor macrumors newbie

Thanks Chris,

Any chance you might be able to post a pic of the case with the iPad in it?

5. Dwanep macrumors member

I looked at that case and the ipad does not fit. There is two sizes, small (which is to small) and large (which is to big). They were made for the kindle and kindle DX.

6. chris8535 thread starter macrumors member

Here you go! I decided to make a full on video for you to all see. Hope it helps you see a bit more about the case!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQ96WC12ys

7. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741