Found scratch when i already at home (Unibody MBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DAMNiatx, Feb 10, 2009.

1. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

i just buy Unibody MBP base model at machines klcc(7-02-2009).
    this is my first mac, when i buy it, the sales let me check if i found some scratch
    they will change it with the new. i check it and didn't found any scratch, until it packed again to the box.
    and going back with my mbp.

but when i check it at my home, i found some scratch near the apple logo
    is it possible to complain about this scratch ?, i just don't satisfied about this product.
    its annoying me when i see the scratch. :(

2. JohnDoe8450 macrumors member

Go back to the store and see, ask to talk to a manager if need be.
    Go back as soon as possible.

Otherwise, try to contact apple at an apple store or via telephone or something.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why did you post here? Go back to the store and tell them. We don't own the store, so it's impossible for us to tell you their policy.

Personally though, I wouldn't take it back.

4. DAMNiatx thread starter macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

this machine already 4 days, anyone have same problem ?

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

In my opinion, it's to late. All they have to say is that you did it. If it was there from the start why didn't you tell us then?

6. DAMNiatx thread starter macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

i'm confuse about this mate when first time i know my mbp have scratch.
    but later, this really annoying me, when i see the scratch.

:(

7. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

You already had your chance. You said you checked it at the store, and you did and found nothing. You probably caused the scratch. And why you decided to post on here i dont understand...

But at Futureshop/bestbuy when someone buys a tv its their responsibly to check it to make sure its not damaged, or scratched. If it is then we get them a new one, but once you take a product out of a store all physical damage is assumed to be caused by you, end of story. You may get lucky and have a nice apple store manager but its been way to many days now. You scratched it, be more careful next time.

8. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

I applaud those of you who could give the poster advice. As for me, I'm afraid I couldn't understand what they wrote!

9. Smacky macrumors 6502

Dont Apple have a 14 day satisfaction guarantee?
    Just take it back, get a refund, then buy another one

10. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Why did they let you check for scratches in-store, was the computer already unboxed?

11. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

If you've purchased it from the AppleStore. I would say have a look at the back of your receipt. They usually offer 14 days for exchanges cause they wanna please their customers!! The more time you spend moaning here, the less time you have to make an exchange. This includes bricks and mortar shops and their online stores.

So, I'm sorry. Until you make an effort to return the system for one that satisfy you, you really don't have a reason to moan... Nor doesn't anyone else who've purchased their system via the AppleStore.

12. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

yes and no. The "scratch" would be user initiated and its not apples fault, especilly if he already checked. im not sure if they would take it back because its technically physically damage. its worth a shot tho, and you may have to pay the restocking fee...

once you pay for it you just open it while he gets you the receipt. you cant open until you buy it tho.