Found something interesting...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jsnuff1, Jun 1, 2008.

1. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

Most cell phones have a built in way to unlock the phone by pressing a certain numberpad combination that only the provider knows.

I ran accross this combination

*#9998*3323#

which when enterned into the iphone and press call does do *something*. It says please wait for a few seconds then pops an error message.

It is quite possible then that the iphone has its own unlock combination, and i wonder if there is a way to find it. What do you guys think?

2. The General macrumors 601

It doesn't have one. You are living in a dream land if you think dialing a certain number will unlock the iPhone. If it were that simple, the hackers would've figured the number instead of writing complicated 1337 **** to hack the firmware for a software unlock.

3. anubis26 macrumors member

As already stated, there is no magic unlock code for the iPhone. Although I remember there was (at one point) some number like that used in activating an iPhone w/o iTunes, the one you have is just one that many different phones (samsung, nokia, etc) use that doesn't apply here. The please wait could be since it starts with a *, like certain AT&T features (like dialing *PAY).