Found the best case for Unibody MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AR15MBP, Jan 29, 2009.

1. AR15MBP macrumors regular

Wanted to share my satisfaction with my new case. I just got the Case Logic 15" reversible sleeve http://www.caselogic.com/15_reversible_macbook_pro_sleeve/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=101939.

It fits like an absolute glove on my MBP, and the best part is there is no metal zipper. I had another case with zippers to which I attribute a small nick on my case to. Highly recommend this new Case Logic. Hope this post helps people looking for a case!

PS. Get the red, it's a great color!

2. Liquidpics macrumors member

Liquidpics

Return it

That's not good protection at all. You need something with a hard shell. Your laptop is not protected otherwise. I just saw a youtube video of a guy critiquing that same sleeve. Remember, thats only a sleeve. If you look in these forums there is a guy who dropped his backpack a mere foot and a half that only had a sleeve on it and it got dented. I would return it get something better. You were worrying about the zipper of the sleeve denting your laptop?

3. c3m macrumors member

i believe the sleeve is for protecting it from scratches.
    small dents and scratches are more likely to happen than let say dropping your laptop.

4. c3m macrumors member

i believe the sleeve is for protecting it from scratches.
    small dents and scratches are more likely to happen than let say dropping your laptop.

5. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

i like the incase sleeve plus.. it has slots for a charger and CDs and also is thin. comes in all sorts of colors too.

6. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Oh really? What if there's a small grain of sand/rock/dust inside the sleeve? :eek:

At least with a hard case, you wouldn't let the sand/rock/dust get inside and scratch your machine.

7. Atomicfission92 macrumors regular

Keep it clean, and out of the sandbox in the back yard and you should be good. ;)

8. crazyrog17 macrumors regular

Who says sand/rock/dust cant get between the case and the computer?

I know a few people who use hard cases and each one of them has a few spots where a grain of sand stayed between the case and the computer and it scratched at it like a cat at a kitty condo.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

A hardshell offers ZERO protection from falls. Unless of course there is some kind of padding between the shell and the computer.

10. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

I got the sleeve more for scratch protection rather than shock protection. I had the incase neoprene sleeve and the zipper did in fact cause a small chip right where the zipper lines up when its closed. I may look into some of the hard shell options I've seen, but I love the naked look!