Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I bought the Bitolithic Sleeve for my MacBook. It's perfect :)

It is made from the same material as an STM Glove but rather than having a single zipper at the top so you have to stretch it over your MacBook it zips all the way around. Inside is velvet and it fits like a glove without being too tight. It's not too thick so won't add extra bulk inside your bag, but it's strong enough to provide excellent protection to your MacBook.

For the price you get the sleeve, an additional zippered pouch big enough to carry a portable external hdd and a screen protector that covers the entire top of your MacBook. (Note: previously the screen protector fabric was too thick to close the lid over, this one is thinner and doesn't interfere with the lid closing at all).

I'll post some pics later if you like. I highly recommend this sleeve.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
gammamonk said:
$41 to a paypal account? A bit steep / shady...

Why? They're a legit company, I just bought one of these myself.

If I didn't think they were legit I wouldn't have posted here.. how insulting!

tehdee

macrumors member
May 7, 2006
i bought my girlfriend a waterfield for her mbp; for my mbp, i got a tom binh monolith... not bad, a bit bulkier than the waterfield, but does yield a bit more protection. i was more concerned with not scratching the outer casing of the mac. so far so good... somethign about the binh irks me though. 'seems' cheap.

the only qualms i have with the biolithic and applesleeve(?) cases, is i like vertical loading for a knapsack. both the binh and the waterfield offered that.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
tehdee said:
... the only qualms i have with the biolithic and applesleeve(?) cases, is i like vertical loading for a knapsack. both the binh and the waterfield offered that.

I guess it depends where you position the zipper.. :p

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
Bern said:
Why? They're a legit company, I just bought one of these myself.

If I didn't think they were legit I wouldn't have posted here.. how insulting!

alot of companies are using paypal now. even DELL!

Deimo

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2005
I'll chime in another positive feedback on waterfield designs... I picked up my sleeve there after it was reviewed on arstechnica and haven't looked back. Their customer service is second to none.

http://www.sfbags.com/index.htm... Just in case someone missed the link above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.