Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I was able to get in. It was hard to figure out at first, because I'm a woman and all, but luckily I was able to find a big, strong, man to help me log on.

Now I can only hope that my guys start hitting a lot of home runs!

;)

I still love you rdowns!

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
To inspire us further, I am donating a trophy to the OSX League winner this year. Something like this, depending on what's available on eBay at the close of the season. So hopefully I win. :D Good luck all.

Edit: This one might work better actually, it has a main plate where we can inscribe "MacRumors OSX League (line 1) Fantasy Football Champion (line 2)" and then 12 plates for 12 years of winners.

wHpjSGj.png

Last edited:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Just a thought - With so many looking to participate, maybe we need a third league. Fewer teams per league would be cool too.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Will the league be expanded or is it just 12 spots?

Just a thought - With so many looking to participate, maybe we need a third league. Fewer teams per league would be cool too.
12 is pushing it as it is. I agree that a third league might be the answer.

So we have 8 waiting for what is currently 7 spots if the older members don't return. Could we do a third league and have 10 per league?

Last edited:

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
12 is pushing it as it is. I agree that a third league might be the answer.

So we have 8 waiting for what is currently 7 spots if the older members don't return. Could we do a third league and have 10 per league?

I've had success with 10s, 12s, and 14s. All work fine. 8s and 16s do not.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I just did a count from both leagues. If the season began today with all spots filled, there will be 9 remaining users from the waitlist available for a third league.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
there is plenty of talent to go around for a 12 team league. 10 is still the standard for espn. but starting last year, all the leagues i've seen have grown to 12 and been very successful and competitive.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I've done some research on our veterans and many of them have not been active for quite some time.

ECUpirate44 - BANNED, Congratulations Peace, you're in!
Miles01110 - last activity 9/26/12

There's a good chance some more spots will be available for new players. I'm not going to give the remaining vets much longer to respond. We need to secure the players and begin preparing for the season.

I've read all the "let's do a third league chatter" and at this point I'm considering it. I generally run four leagues a year, two of which have been here at MR. This keeps me pretty busy and it would be hard to add more stuff on top of that, but I haven't completely ruled it out just yet.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I've done some research on our veterans and many of them have not been active for quite some time.

ECUpirate44 - BANNED, Congratulations Peace, you're in!
Miles01110 - last activity 9/26/12

There's a good chance some more spots will be available for new players. I'm not going to give the remaining vets much longer to respond. We need to secure the players and begin preparing for the season.

I've read all the "let's do a third league chatter" and at this point I'm considering it. I generally run four leagues a year, two of which have been here at MR. This keeps me pretty busy and it would be hard to add more stuff on top of that, but I haven't completely ruled it out just yet.

W00t !! I'm in. I made the start !!

Meet your new champion chumps !! hehe

/humor

Thanks mscriv !

This plus the Seahawks whooping up on Manning made my day .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.