Four Apple Stores to Reopen in Time for iPhone 7 Launch

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 8, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has announced that it will be reopening four of its U.S. retail stores on September 10, six days ahead of the iPhone 7 launch on September 16.

[​IMG]

Apple Bay Street in Emeryville, California, Apple West Town Mall in Knoxville, Tennessee, Apple Willow Bend in Plano, Texas, and Apple Mayfair in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin will each open their doors on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. local time. All four stores have been either renovated or moved to a new location.

Each store has been updated with Apple's next-generation retail layout, featuring a combination of The Avenue, Genius Grove, The Forum, The Plaza, and The Boardroom, coupled with large glass doors, sequoia wood shelves, indoor trees, light boxes extending the length of the ceiling, and large digital screens for product marketing.

Apple will move to a larger space at 5656 Bay Street in the Bay Street Emeryville shopping complex, while its store at The Shops at Willow Bend has been fully renovated. Apple's store at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa will move to a larger unit within the shopping mall, while its West Town Mall store in Knoxville has moved down the hall.

[​IMG]
    Apple's all-new Memorial City store in Houston, Texas

Following Jony Ive's promotion to Chief Design Officer at Apple, he has worked alongside retail chief Angela Ahrendts on new designs for stores. Apple has since opened next-generation stores in cities like Brussels, Memphis, Dubai, and London, and it is in the process of renovating dozens of older U.S. locations.

Apple Legacy Place in Dedham, a suburb of Boston, Massachusetts, and Apple Memorial City in Houston, Texas also reopened on September 2.

Article Link: Four Apple Stores to Reopen in Time for iPhone 7 Launch

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Nice. One of these Stores is in reaching distance for me. I would like to see how they changed the store and test the new Apple products.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

4. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    For some reason I'm not anticipating crowds at the stores like years prior. I hope I'm wrong.

5. adamneer macrumors 6502

The updated design of that store in the photo looks very impressive, though it's strange they would choose to use Sequoia wood (assuming the post refers to real solid wood), considering it's atop the list of non-renewable tree resources. I guess it could be harvested from new growth, though that would kind of take away from the mystique of them being the largest and oldest living organisms on the planet.

6. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

For some reason I read this as the Apple stores online have reopened at first ha!

7. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

8. ILuvEggplant Suspended

ILuvEggplant

This may be accurate of the iPhone 7 Launch

9. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

I hate the smiley politically-correct grinning faces.

10. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

iPhone 4S launch?

11. Zedcars macrumors 6502

Zedcars

Shouldn't that be...

Four Apples to Reopen Ahead of iPhone 7 Launch

?

;)

12. zzLZHzz macrumors 6502

and yet I am still waiting for the singapore store to open

13. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

Here is the Dedham store at Legacy Place. Really spacious compared to pre-renovation.

Attached Files:

14. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

No word on when the store at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, MD is reopening? It seems odd that they would remain closed for the iPhone 7 launch...

15. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

Amazing faith and courage.

[​IMG]

16. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I'm pretty amazed that they put the resources into revamping the Willow Bend Mall location in Texas. That mall has about %50 vacancy and is pretty empty.

17. kyjaotkb macrumors 6502a

Regent Street in London, UK flagship still looks months from re-opening. Old listed building turning out to be a pain to maintain.