Four extra small thunderbolt displays?

user19163

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Not sure if this is a display topic or an iMac topic...

I wish I could connect four additional displays to an iMac. Does anybody know who sells small thunderbolt displays? The reason is that three 27" side-by-side displays is not suitable for what I need. I need one main big display and four smaller ones.

What other issues?

leman

macrumors G4
Oct 14, 2008
AFAIK, only Apple sells TB-displays and they are by no means small. And I very much doubt that the graphics card would be able to power four displays anyway...

Acorn

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
does it have to be thunderbolt. the ips dell screens are really nice. i know they have a 23 inch ips right now for 200ish. four of those would be sweet. the nice thing about dells ips monitors is they are antiglare unlike the thunderbolt displays. They do have a better 24 inch for about 300 that has better resolution if your willing to pay a little more.

leman

macrumors G4
Oct 14, 2008
does it have to be thunderbolt. the ips dell screens are really nice. i know they have a 23 inch ips right now for 200ish. four of those would be sweet. the nice thing about dells ips monitors is they are antiglare unlike the thunderbolt displays. They do have a better 24 inch for about 300 that has better resolution if your willing to pay a little more.
Now tell me, how are you going to connect these to your iMac?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Allows only two monitors with 1080p resolution or three monitors with really low resolution. We are talking about four monitors here.
Doesn't a 27" iMac have two TB ports? And if so, don't they allow you to connect at least two displays, or do they need to be daisy-chained?

leman

macrumors G4
Oct 14, 2008
Doesn't a 27" iMac have two TB ports? And if so, don't they allow you to connect at least two displays, or do they need to be daisy-chained?
Its not about the number of ports, its about what your GPU can drive. And I am pretty sure that number of external monitors is limited.