Four-Finger Swipe for Spaces

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yanathin, Oct 15, 2008.

1. yanathin macrumors member

I just got the new MacBook (love it!), and the new finger gestures are pretty cool. Expose works really well, but I'm not too fond about the four finger left/right gestures. I have spaces set up, and I'd rather use the four finger gestures for left and right swipes to switch between spaces. I can't find a way to do this in the system prefs - is there some type of work-around to getting this to work?

2. bobsakamano macrumors newbie

Interested in the same question. Seems a waste to have both left and right go to the APPLE/TAB app switcher. I'd like it to cycle through tabs in Safari, bring up the dashboard, etc.

Anyone know of a way to change this?

3. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

The four-finger gestures are currently hard coded.

Maybe in 10.5.6? Maybe 10.6?

4. RasmusM macrumors newbie

Swiping between spaces

Hi guys

I just found this thread through a Google search. It didn't provide a solution, but another site did. As a service to other users who may land here, I'd like to share the solution:

1. Download BetterTouchTool
    2. In System Preferences > Trackpad: Set a keyboard shortcut for switching spaces (ie. ^ + [arrow key])
    3. Configure BTT to translate certain swipes to those keyboard shortcuts (ie. four finger swipe left = ^ + [left arrow], four finger swipe right = ^ + [right arrow] and so forth)

This is the site, where I found the solution: http://bttopia.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=63023337

5. AdamCole macrumors newbie

Oh this is just simple isn't it?

And I love macs.

6. JFMAC77 macrumors newbie