iPod Four New iPod's- It's True

intempo808

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Well, I accidentially ordered one of Apple's 2006 Quarterly thingy's for a Business Studies Project, that said something along the lines of "Apple expects to release at least four new iPod's in 2007".

Unfortunatly I don't have the book with me, but I can remeber it really clearly because I had to change something in my coursework, and then I remember thinking... Four? They only have 3 iPod's?

Dunno if this means anything to anyone... but hope this sheds some more light prehaps?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
nano 4GB, nano 8GB, video 40GB, video 100GB

I reckon the Shuffles are still accepted as a new product, so they will have a revision later, maybe before christmas.

ds252

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2007
Shuffle, Nano, Video, Phone

4 new iPods. :)
Didn't steve make it clear that the iphone is not an ipod or am i mistaken.

Oh and maybe the 4 new ipods are the shuffle in january and then the touch, new shuffle, and the new nano.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Didn't steve make it clear that the iphone is not an ipod or am i mistaken.
I'm pretty sure he said something like "It's the best iPod we've ever made." or similar.

Scarlet Fever said:
nano 4GB, nano 8GB, video 40GB, video 100GB

I reckon the Shuffles are still accepted as a new product, so they will have a revision later, maybe before christmas.
Sounds reasonable to me. I think the nano will be capped at 8 GB for a little while so it doesn't kill regular iPod and iPhone sales. Hoping they go all out and release a 120 GB or a 160 GB iPod to satisfy the hardcore music listeners. Also giving the shuffle 2 GB or a price drop along with revamped switch to allow for say 2 Playlists and Audiobook/ Podcast modes wouldn't hurt either.

darklyt

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Video (maybe a condensed version, iPod Nano Video), iPod Touch

Each product will likely be priced around it's current counterpart except for the Touch which will be priced similarly to the iPhone (maybe $399, $499).

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
steve jobs said:
When he announced the iPhone, Steve Jobs said to expect three things: "an incredibly great cell phone," "the best iPod we've ever made," and "the Internet in your pocket."

There's the quote.

Mushrooshi

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
I am expecting:

Gaming iPod (Semi-Sucessor to the Video, has a screen twice as big, widescreen, two scrollwheels)
Video iPod Nano - 3 mm thinner
6g iPod, supports Bluetooth, maybe Wifi. COULD have ALuminum shell
2gb and 4gb shuffle

Now, it said AT LEAST 4 new iPods, so lets play SPECULATION TIME!

My First iPod (Big, plushie iPod, plastic, colourful)
Earbud-type iPod- Combines a Bluetooth headset and iPod Shuffle
macPod- A PDA-type iPod, has pullout QWERTY
Budget iPod (not the name)- A possible budget iPod, think 512-256-128 sizes, b&w screen

Firmware upgrades:

iPod Nano G2 supports video now.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
I am expecting:

Gaming iPod (Semi-Sucessor to the Video, has a screen twice as big, widescreen, two scrollwheels)
Video iPod Nano - 3 mm thinner
6g iPod, supports Bluetooth, maybe Wifi. COULD have ALuminum shell
2gb and 4gb shuffle

Now, it said AT LEAST 4 new iPods, so lets play SPECULATION TIME!

My First iPod (Big, plushie iPod, plastic, colourful)
Earbud-type iPod- Combines a Bluetooth headset and iPod Shuffle
macPod- A PDA-type iPod, has pullout QWERTY
Budget iPod (not the name)- A possible budget iPod, think 512-256-128 sizes, b&w screen

Firmware upgrades:

iPod Nano G2 supports video now.
Gaming iPod?? Not going to happen. And to be honest, the shuffle is considered to be the "Budget iPod" in the lineup, and a black and white screen would be taking a step backwards. I can see a 2GB shuffle coming, though. And a PDA iPod with QWERTY keyboard?? Have you heard of the iPhone (which is much much better anyway)

my 2 cents.