Four New iPod's- It's True

Discussion in 'iPod' started by intempo808, Aug 29, 2007.

1. intempo808 macrumors regular

Well, I accidentially ordered one of Apple's 2006 Quarterly thingy's for a Business Studies Project, that said something along the lines of "Apple expects to release at least four new iPod's in 2007".

Unfortunatly I don't have the book with me, but I can remeber it really clearly because I had to change something in my coursework, and then I remember thinking... Four? They only have 3 iPod's?

Dunno if this means anything to anyone... but hope this sheds some more light prehaps?

2. The General macrumors 601

3. G75 macrumors newbie

I agree with the General (Nice avatar by the way :p). But I wonder where the shuffle will go next, maybe it will get an OLED screen?

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

nano 4GB, nano 8GB, video 40GB, video 100GB

I reckon the Shuffles are still accepted as a new product, so they will have a revision later, maybe before christmas.

5. ds252 macrumors regular

Didn't steve make it clear that the iphone is not an ipod or am i mistaken.

Oh and maybe the 4 new ipods are the shuffle in january and then the touch, new shuffle, and the new nano.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Quite the opposite...

7. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Perhaps they aren't replacing the nano, They're offering the video version as a separate iPod entirely. Just a thought.

8. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I'm pretty sure he said something like "It's the best iPod we've ever made." or similar.

Sounds reasonable to me. I think the nano will be capped at 8 GB for a little while so it doesn't kill regular iPod and iPhone sales. Hoping they go all out and release a 120 GB or a 160 GB iPod to satisfy the hardcore music listeners. Also giving the shuffle 2 GB or a price drop along with revamped switch to allow for say 2 Playlists and Audiobook/ Podcast modes wouldn't hurt either.

9. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

all steve was saying was that the iphone is the best ipod yet. although i do not agree..

10. darklyt macrumors regular

iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Video (maybe a condensed version, iPod Nano Video), iPod Touch

Each product will likely be priced around it's current counterpart except for the Touch which will be priced similarly to the iPhone (maybe $399, $499).

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

There's the quote.

12. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

I am expecting:

Gaming iPod (Semi-Sucessor to the Video, has a screen twice as big, widescreen, two scrollwheels)
    Video iPod Nano - 3 mm thinner
    6g iPod, supports Bluetooth, maybe Wifi. COULD have ALuminum shell
    2gb and 4gb shuffle

Now, it said AT LEAST 4 new iPods, so lets play SPECULATION TIME!

My First iPod (Big, plushie iPod, plastic, colourful)
    Earbud-type iPod- Combines a Bluetooth headset and iPod Shuffle
    macPod- A PDA-type iPod, has pullout QWERTY
    Budget iPod (not the name)- A possible budget iPod, think 512-256-128 sizes, b&w screen

Firmware upgrades:

iPod Nano G2 supports video now.

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Gaming iPod?? Not going to happen. And to be honest, the shuffle is considered to be the "Budget iPod" in the lineup, and a black and white screen would be taking a step backwards. I can see a 2GB shuffle coming, though. And a PDA iPod with QWERTY keyboard?? Have you heard of the iPhone (which is much much better anyway)

my 2 cents.

14. phelim macrumors newbie

well, actually... shuffle, nano, classic, touch