Foursquare strobist kit...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cupcakes2000, Oct 2, 2013.

1. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Never heard of it but it looks like it's made in the USA so it is probably of good sturdy quality rather than Chinese knock offs.

What are you looking to achieve with your lighting?

The lightbox looks fairly normal and it looks like the sort of kit you can easily add speedlites to if you need more power.

3. cupcakes2000 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a couple of soft boxes anyway... but was looking for a portable in the field option.
    This looks portable, and pretty cool to have the ability for 4 lights on the mount.
    Just wanted to know from anyones experience really.
    What is the softbox like? Will the whole thing fit with other soft boxes, should the one supplied be not up to scratch/on par with my others?

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I personally have a battery for my strobes so can take the studio stuff outside but if you are looking for something more portable then I have heard nothing but good things about westcott.

This softbox seems comparable to the one you are looking at.

5. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

I was looking into the FourSquare bracket (http://lightwaredirect.com/foursquare/) awhile back. It seems like a decent bracket, but considering it's just easier to carry a single Einstein or Alien Bee with a Vagabond Mini Lithium, than four Speedlites (and corresponding triggers), I never pursued it further.

6. cupcakes2000 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I need to be able to get all my kit as light and compact as possible and strobes do it better than heads and batteries. Anyway! Not the point.. I just wondered if anyone had any experience using the equipment. Thanks!