Fourth Generation iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dog352, Sep 29, 2009.

1. dog352 macrumors member

Jun 25, 2007
    This is exciting news and I know you guys aren't going to believe me unless I cite my exact source, but I've been sworn to secrecy. But I SWEAR TO
    GOD ON MY DEAD SISTER'S GRAVE that the fourth generation iPhone is going to have a physical keyboard. It's also going to have a 720p high definition video camera. There will be stereo speakers as well. I'm told that they are making CDMA prototypes too, which means we may see this on Verizon next year.
  2. Metatron macrumors 6502

Jul 2, 2002
    will never designed its entire mobile os around the "finger". it will never replace the touch interface with a physical keyboard. This is not to say the upcoming tablet could not have a keyboard docking station allowing students to take notes in class, but the iphone...

...I respectfully disagree.
  3. charliehustle macrumors 6502

Jul 30, 2009
    you've either been lied to,
    or you're a liar..
    lose lose situation..
  4. Surely Guest

Oct 27, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    .. and it will walk your dog and drive your car and it will transform into a skateboard.
  5. ODog4523 macrumors regular

Apr 11, 2009
    HD video and CDMA I believe, but the keyboard, no. That was the whole point of the IPhone in the first place. Go look at the very first IPhone keynote and see how much time Jobs spends dumping on the physical keyboard idea.
  6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Jan 17, 2009
    Surfers Paradise
    I wonder if this will be one of those threads that we all look back on in a couple of years and realize ... boy were we wrong for flaming the OP.

I would love to see a better camera and this does seem to be the direction Apple is taking the iPhone, video/photo/gaming ... and the whole phone thing. Eventhough I seriously doubt a CDMA version, I would love to see it as well. Guess we'll find out in about 9 months.

But ... I just can't believe this, I don't think it'll ever happen. Plus, I'm sure if you did have a legitimate source Arn would have heard about this already as well.
  7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

Aug 29, 2006
    Not exactly predictive if the OP is betting on 720p within a few years! The sensor is already capable of it. As for keyboard, meh. I'd imagine LTE before CDMA. They've got enough orders in to get busy with it seems anyhow, without rejigging the innards for now. Guess we'll see. WOuldn't a Tablet, with an all in one chip that does both be more likely?
  8. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2007
    das Fort
    I was thinking the same thing. The alleged tablet is supposedly going to be 720p and the physical keyboard is nonsense (unless there's a docking-station-type-thing).

As far as CDMA goes, I was thinking that was nonsense (that LTE was much more likely) until I read a little more about it. Seems Verizon plans to launch the 4G LTE in 25-30 markets next year, but doesn't plan to have the full network switched over until 2013. That means that any 4G-type devices would also need to have CDMA technology in them to work across Verizon's entire network, right?

So if we are talking about an "iTablet" instead of an iPhone (which might mean that the OP's source was somewhat right) built for Verizon, it might have both LTE and CDMA tech.
  9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

Aug 17, 2007
    Sorry, but my BS meter just spiked like crazy when I read this.

10. labman macrumors 604

Jun 9, 2009
    Mich near Detroit
    Here is A question

Is there any way to filter flag threads like this or make then unseen so I don't have to see them? Of course this is after the thred would is posted. Since I can't stop that.
  11. johnrs macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2008
    Nottingham - UK
    I really like that one... :rolleyes:

oh and did you not hear. I got this from a secret source (my uncles wife sisters cousins mother who knows someone's aunty and on) that they are going to put a 2cm external aerial onto the 4Gen iphone as well.. Better signal and all that :)
  12. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Why so many 4th gen iphone threads all of a sudden? There were very few up until this week and now it seems like 2 a day. This iphone has only been out for 3 months now, at least wait until Spring before posting these stupid threads again.
  13. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Sep 12, 2009
    Topic 1000. Just post it in another topic, jesus.

Further it won't be CDMA because almost the whole world uses GSM and they aren't going to create two versions of the iPhone.
  14. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    OT but what the heck does swearing on a dead person's grave have to do with anything.

I've heard people do this from time to time, and in some cases they were lying. This statement really doesn't carry any extra weight or convince me that the person is telling the truth.
  15. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

Aug 14, 2008