Apps Fox Sports Go coming this summer

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
In case you missed it, Cue said at the WWDC keynote that Fox Sports Go will be coming to the Apple TV 4 "this summer" with the ability to watch four sport games at one time on one screen. Until then, you can airplay the app from an IOS device.

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
In case you missed it, Cue said at the WWDC keynote that Fox Sports Go will be coming to the Apple TV 4 "this summer" with the ability to watch four sport games at one time on one screen. Until then, you can airplay the app from an IOS device.
Good. It's been overdue. Just hope it's better than the iOS app - which is awful. It at least removes potential airplay snags from the equation.

Reactions: satcomer

Creek0512

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
Unfortunately, it probably won't be out before the Copa America is over. I have yet to make it through a match without the Airplay stream crashing out multiple times do to Fox's poor implementation.

Reactions: SCStevens04

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
Unfortunately, it probably won't be out before the Copa America is over. I have yet to make it through a match without the Airplay stream crashing out multiple times do to Fox's poor implementation.
So I'm not the only one? I airplay and it works for awhile and suddenly it craps out and gives an error message over and over again. I have to restart the app to get it going again. So frustrating.

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
I wonder if this means BTN2Go will be on the horizon too? Fox Sports owns 50% of it with the conference...
I'm holding out hope that BTN releases a ATV4 app by the fall, so that I can watch Penn State when they're on.
[doublepost=1466178405][/doublepost]
I've been having the same issues. I have just resorted to watching matches on my iPad and iPhone (if I'm out) without Airplay.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
I am paying Fubotv $10 a month just for Copa America, watching in Spanish which is not my language. it is not like Netflix either. it drops frames and freeze somtime.

Creek0512

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
FYI, the Copa America games today are on FX and can be watched on the FX NOW Apple TV app.

(Why does every Apple TV app need Now or Go in it's name? HBO even has one for each.)

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
Waiting on USA-Argentina tonight. Fox really missed an opportunity for a lot of exposure if they had released a FoxSportsGo app on the Apple TV for Copa America. Fox won't have anything big the rest of the summer until college football starts in the fall.

Reactions: SCStevens04

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
How has that been working for you? I'm considering Sling, but I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.
It does the job in a pinch but I'm not a big fan of Sling. Too many arbitrary restrictions. Lots of buffering.

Creek0512

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
So the Fox Sports Go iOS app was just updated with "AirPlay bug fixes". It now supports full AirPlay streaming rather than just mirroring, which should make it much more reliable. So far I haven't had any problems since updating.

Still, it should be even better once the Apple TV app finally launches.

Reactions: bigpatky

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
Fox Sports Go released for Roku yesterday. It's possible that the development of the Apple TV app coincided to some extent with the Roku app. I think that's a good sign that we're getting closer...

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
Fox Sports Go released for Roku yesterday. It's possible that the development of the Apple TV app coincided to some extent with the Roku app. I think that's a good sign that we're getting closer...
Good to know. I have been going into the App Store on my ATV every few days to see if the Fox Sports Go app is in there. I'm hoping it shows up within the next week or so.

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
Good to know. I have been going into the App Store on my ATV every few days to see if the Fox Sports Go app is in there. I'm hoping it shows up within the next week or so.
I think they have a drop dead date of Friday Sept 2nd. That's the first game (according to fbschedules.com) of the college football season to be on a Fox network that airs on Fox Sports Go.

sctw

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2016
Roku got FoxSportsGo this week. Guess I can stick w. my ATV3 a little longer.

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
Really want this app. Can watch my baseball games without having to turn off the Apple TV.
They've now said it will come "before the start of college football." Technically, the first game is tomorrow night, but that game is kind of an outlier. The first real day is Sept 1st. The first game on a Fox network is Sept 2nd.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
They've now said it will come "before the start of college football." Technically, the first game is tomorrow night, but that game is kind of an outlier. The first real day is Sept 1st. The first game on a Fox network is Sept 2nd.
Yep I had hopes we'd see it this week as several other new TV apps popped up.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I logged in and for some reason it's not showing both Cardinals and Rangers broadcasts for me in the guide. It's done this on the iOS app before too but then straightens out in a day or two.

Strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.