Fox Sports Go coming this summer

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by jdillings, Jun 13, 2016.

1. jdillings macrumors 65816

In case you missed it, Cue said at the WWDC keynote that Fox Sports Go will be coming to the Apple TV 4 "this summer" with the ability to watch four sport games at one time on one screen. Until then, you can airplay the app from an IOS device.

2. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

Good. It's been overdue. Just hope it's better than the iOS app - which is awful. It at least removes potential airplay snags from the equation.

3. besler3035 macrumors 6502a

I wonder if this means BTN2Go will be on the horizon too? Fox Sports owns 50% of it with the conference...

4. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

Great point. That's another good one.

5. Creek0512 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, it probably won't be out before the Copa America is over. I have yet to make it through a match without the Airplay stream crashing out multiple times do to Fox's poor implementation.

6. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

So I'm not the only one? I airplay and it works for awhile and suddenly it craps out and gives an error message over and over again. I have to restart the app to get it going again. So frustrating.

7. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm holding out hope that BTN releases a ATV4 app by the fall, so that I can watch Penn State when they're on.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2016 ---
    I've been having the same issues. I have just resorted to watching matches on my iPad and iPhone (if I'm out) without Airplay.

8. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

I've resorted to a sling tv trial.

9. normanfox macrumors 6502a

I am paying Fubotv $10 a month just for Copa America, watching in Spanish which is not my language. it is not like Netflix either. it drops frames and freeze somtime.

10. Creek0512 macrumors 6502

FYI, the Copa America games today are on FX and can be watched on the FX NOW Apple TV app.

(Why does every Apple TV app need Now or Go in it's name? HBO even has one for each.)

11. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

It isn't just an Apple TV thing. You'll find the same name across all platforms.

12. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

Waiting on USA-Argentina tonight. Fox really missed an opportunity for a lot of exposure if they had released a FoxSportsGo app on the Apple TV for Copa America. Fox won't have anything big the rest of the summer until college football starts in the fall.

13. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

How has that been working for you? I'm considering Sling, but I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.

14. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

It does the job in a pinch but I'm not a big fan of Sling. Too many arbitrary restrictions. Lots of buffering.

15. Creek0512 macrumors 6502

So the Fox Sports Go iOS app was just updated with "AirPlay bug fixes". It now supports full AirPlay streaming rather than just mirroring, which should make it much more reliable. So far I haven't had any problems since updating.

Still, it should be even better once the Apple TV app finally launches.

16. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

Fox Sports Go released for Roku yesterday. It's possible that the development of the Apple TV app coincided to some extent with the Roku app. I think that's a good sign that we're getting closer...

17. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Good to know. I have been going into the App Store on my ATV every few days to see if the Fox Sports Go app is in there. I'm hoping it shows up within the next week or so.

18. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

I think they have a drop dead date of Friday Sept 2nd. That's the first game (according to fbschedules.com) of the college football season to be on a Fox network that airs on Fox Sports Go.

19. sctw macrumors newbie

sctw

Roku got FoxSportsGo this week. Guess I can stick w. my ATV3 a little longer.

20. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Really want this app. Can watch my baseball games without having to turn off the Apple TV.

21. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

They've now said it will come "before the start of college football." Technically, the first game is tomorrow night, but that game is kind of an outlier. The first real day is Sept 1st. The first game on a Fox network is Sept 2nd.

22. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Yep I had hopes we'd see it this week as several other new TV apps popped up.

23. thesheleys macrumors member

24. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I logged in and for some reason it's not showing both Cardinals and Rangers broadcasts for me in the guide. It's done this on the iOS app before too but then straightens out in a day or two.

Strange.

25. besler3035 macrumors 6502a

Bummer. They didn't release BTN2Go with it :( Airplay streaming quality from that app is absolutely terrible.