Foxconn confirms iPhone 6 4.7" and 5.5" Phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apolloa, Jun 3, 2014.

1. apolloa, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

apolloa macrumors G4

Surprised this isn't on the front page? Anyway Foxconn have apparently released a statement confirming they are working on the iPhone 6 in both the 4.7" and 5.5" screen sizes.

Work that one out, do you think Apple was worried because they chose not to announce any new hardware? Because I can't see Foxconn releasing any statement without Apple's approval, but the article states they have done this before, anyway this is the original story:

http://www.bgr.in/news/foxconn-anno...iphone-6-with-4-7-inch-and-5-5-inch-displays/

Foxconn to Land 5.5-inch iPhone Orders

5.5 and 4.7 inch iPhone will be manufactured by Foxconn in 2014

MUMBAI, India - June 2, 2014

Foxconn, world’s leading manufacturer of computer components and systems, is going to manufacture both 5.5-inch and 4.7-inch iPhone in 2014.

According the sources, Foxconn will supply 70% of the 4.7-inch iPhone shipments for 2015. The 4- and 4.7-inch iPhones will be the main sales force of Apple for 2014. Foxconn’s plants in Zhengzhou, China are expected to start supplying the 4.7-inch model in July and start manufacturing the 5.5-inch one in August.

http://www.gsmarena.com/foxconn_announces_deal_to_manufacture_47_and_55inch_iphones-news-8678.php
    http://pocketnow.com/2014/06/02/foxconn-iphone-6-manufacturing

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

There appears to be no source for this - only the website pointing to itself.

3. apolloa, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

apolloa thread starter macrumors G4

Yeah, I would of thought that but Pocketnow daily and GSM Arena are reporting on it stating it is an official statement from Foxconn.
    The report is now gathering pace across the net but they are all pointing towards the BGN article, so take from it what you will I guess? Not that it really is any surprise that Foxconn is making the next iPhone in 2 screen sizes :rolleyes:

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

5. MH01 Suspended

MH01

I very much doubt this.

Looks like some crap site that is linking the announcement back to themselves. Clowns!

6. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

If this is true the iPhone 6 may very well be my next phone. We'll see how the 5 does with iOS 8. The 5S was a bit of a disappointment.

7. apolloa thread starter macrumors G4

I changed the title of this thread as it does seem a bit strange how the site has the statement, but not linked to the official statement in Foxconns website? Weird one.