Foxconn Reportedly Begins Seasonal Hiring Spree for iPhone 12 Production

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's largest manufacturing partner Foxconn has begun its seasonal hiring spree to assist with iPhone 12 production, offering employees who recruit qualified applicants up to a 9,000 yuan bonus, according to Chinese media reports.

As usual, Foxconn needs as many hands on deck as possible at its factory in Zhengzhou, China to assist with mass production of the upcoming iPhones. Apple is widely expected to announce four iPhone 12 models this year, including a 5.4-inch model, two 6.1-inch models, and a 6.7-inch model, all with OLED displays and 5G connectivity.

While new iPhones usually begin shipping in late September, Apple recently indicated that supply will be available "a few weeks later" this year.

"In addition, as you know, last year, we started selling new iPhones in late September. This year, we project supply to be available a few weeks later," said Apple CFO Luca Maestri on the company's July 31 earnings call.

For everything we expect from the iPhone 12 lineup, read our in-depth roundup.

Article Link: Foxconn Reportedly Begins Seasonal Hiring Spree for iPhone 12 Production

fokmik

macrumors 601
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Fingers crossed all of the iPhone 12 models get the iPhone 4/5 design treatment!

The dummy phones in the picture of this article look fantastic!
thats for sure...the only question is : no promotion? no smaller notch that will help the tiny 5.4"? no slimmer bezels?
If at least 2 are yes from those 3 questions....than my friend we will get a v good phone
- - Post merged: - -

Around what timeframe last year Foxconn started hiring for seasonal timeframe? We can estimate exactly when will the iPhone will be released
we can go together, 2 beautiful girls = instant hired.....for nasty things

dredlew

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2014
To be honest, I think I have come to like the rounded edges better than the flat ones.
As I recall, that was Apple’s excuse for not making larger phones because they would be uncomfortable to hold with straight edges...

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
It is time for Tim to start thinking about America again. It should 100% Made in America.
So we can pay more for a phone? He's all about the profit and the increased wages required to produce in America will give even the SE a ridiculous price tag.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a made in USA phone, but Apple is top greedy for that to ever happen.

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
It's way too hot in Las Vegas! we're passing 115 degrees!
Just like every summer in Vegas then?

It is time for Tim to start thinking about America again. It should 100% Made in America.
Guaranteed you'd be one of the people complaining about the price of an American made iPhone. There is no question.

Theyayarealivin

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 18, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
That is hot for sure. But I doubt very much that long shifts for low pay in an Apple sweatshop is the cure!
I'm down!
thats for sure...the only question is : no promotion? no smaller notch that will help the tiny 5.4"? no slimmer bezels?
If at least 2 are yes from those 3 questions....than my friend we will get a v good phone

we can go together, 2 beautiful girls = instant hired.....for nasty things
LOL at Nasty Things??? Say whatttt

Theyayarealivin

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 18, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Last edited:

Northern Man

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2013
Just like every summer in Vegas then?

Guaranteed you'd be one of the people complaining about the price of an American made iPhone. There is no question.
If Apple would reduce its ridiculous margins somewhat perhaps some US made products would be possible.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2019
Macrumors! I did my research and It looks like last year the same report came out for iPhone 11 on July 20th, 2019.
This year the same report came out on 08/10/2020.

It looks like the iPhone is going to be delayed only two weeks. So, possibly by end of September new iphons will be arriving.

Source: https://www.macrumors.com/2019/07/29/foxconn-seasonal-hiring-spree-2019-iphones/
It is 3 weeks, not 2 weeks. So, possibly by beginning of October new iPhones will be arriving.

Reactions: Theyayarealivin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.