FPS: 360 vs One

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by cocky jeremy, Jan 20, 2015.

1. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Please tell me if I'm crazy, but after playing COD on Xbox One for so long now, I can NOT go back and play 360 COD games. I try and try, but I can't aim AT ALL. No matter what sensitivity I use. It just feels jerky and slow. Am I the only one? I went from 360 to One with no issues, but going back just feels impossible. Games I played a massive amount too. MW, MW2, MW3, BO, BO2.. can't aim on any of them.

PS: Both controllers have FPS Freeks on them. Stock controllers otherwise.

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

That's what is seems for me on PS4 verses older consoles - yeah the graphics are only a bit better than previous with current games, but responsiveness does make a big difference in gameplay - has always been the case with consoles...

3. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

My Xbox One controls feel so smooth while the 360 just feels like the speed changes and jerks all over the place. I really don't get it. I didn't notice it at all when I was on 360 only. Moving to the One, it felt exactly the same. However, going back.. I just can't aim at all, on any game. I really don't get what it is.

4. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

I find the opposite to be true due to the stupid dead zone of the One's controller - especially with Ghosts, you move the stick a little, nothing happens. Move it a bit more and suddenly you're doing 360's. It's ridiculous.

The 360 controller never had this issue, and was able to slay on CoD on that platform. There's a thread about it on Xbox's own forums. Supposedly it may be up to the devs, as supposedly some games don't have this issue on the One. And having owned a One for a while, was I able to eventually get accustomed to it, but still annoyed me beyond belief.

For that reason alone, I may never buy a One again.

5. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Not sure what the deal is then. It's like it moves at a totally different speed when you ADS vs not. I've tried it with a stock on the gun and without. (Makes ADS speed higher) Neither seems to fix it or even change it much. It's definitely weird suddenly being horrible at the games I was best at before.

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Does the game have a stick sensitivity and null zone setting?

7. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Not that I know of. All AW options are default except stick sensitivity.