FPS games that can be played against a PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ElectricMan5, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ElectricMan5 macrumors regular

Anyone have any suggestions? I want to be able to play against some friends in NY (I'm in TX). Urban Terror doesn't work, neither does Halo 2. Anything with good graphics :) I'm trying to see if Alien Arena will work... Thanks!

2. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

COD4 is a great game you can play against others on PC.

There is a Mac version of it that came out a few months back. Great graphics and great game. Since I am really only into military sims that is the only one I can recommend.

Why not install bootcamp and then you can play whatever game you want on PC with your friends.

I currently only play Novalogic's Joint Operations on my Windows partition via bootcamp and it is great. You can get an OEM version of Windows very cheap on the internet. I got Vista Home Premium for around $100 and it works fantastic.

I just wish I did not have to bother with Windows at all but Mac is just not putting out the games I like to play.

3. ElectricMan5 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I actually have Crossover Games installed, but when I play Halo on it, the sensitivity is whacked and i have to swipe my trackpad about 16 times to move the gun across the screen.

I have a Windows XP disk... But the thing is it's only SP1, so I can't get an internet connection with it, cause I can't install the drivers. Is there a way I can get SP2 (or 3, if it's required) for free?

4. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

Free Games:
    Quake Live ***
    Enemy Territory (Wolfenstein) **
    Postal, *
    Cube, (even works on an iPhone :)) *
    AssaultCube **
    America's Army 2.5 (I think 3.x is Windoze only) **
    Nexuiz **
    Savage 2 - A Tortured Soul ***

There's more too. Those are just the free ones i can think of that i've had (or have) installed on my OS X MP. Then there's the pay games like: Quake 3, Quake 4, Unreal Tournament, Halo (which works for me), and etc. etc.

5. ElectricMan5 thread starter macrumors regular

wow. thanks!

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

or just install Windows on your Mac using Bootcamp and play anything?

7. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

Cheater! :p

:D

8. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Hey... its not my fault Age of Empires 2 plays better on PC, the Mac version is too easy :p

9. ElectricMan5 thread starter macrumors regular