FRACK!!! Battlestar Galactica's next season will be its last.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MovieCutter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

2. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

It makes sense to me... I don't think another year of wandering the galaxy would have suited BSG.
    While I'll be sad to see it go, I am quite please that they are planning for this to be the ending, and not having to throw something together at the last minute knowing it's over soon.
    Don't forget there is still the Caprica spinoff series.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

NBC cancelled Stargate SG-1. They are currently filling the network with their own shows. Plus, NBC feels that no show like that (Science Fiction mainly) should last past 4 seasons.

I read the above when SG-1 was being cancelled.

Hence, BG's cancellation. I feel that Stargate Atlantis' next season will be its final season as well, unless MGM is able to do something about it...

The new BG sucked anyways. It was all about the Victoria's Secret Cylon :p anyways... (only redeeming quality).

4. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

That sucks. I watch the show but I'm not that big of a fan. I loved Stargate SG-1 and was pissed that it was cancelled. Of course it wasn't as good after Richard Dean Anderson left. At least we have Stargate Atlantis though...

There really isn't anything good to watch on the Sci-Fi channel anymore. Now I have an excuse to get out in the fresh air :D

Nuc

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

The Sci-Fi Channel's #1 show is ECW Wrestling...

6. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Well to each their own. I never got into wrestling, the women on there are hot though :D

Nuc

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

As long as it goes out fracktacularly, I'm all for it. :) The wind is beginning to howl.

8. MovieCutter thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

If it's REMOTELY close to the season 3 finale...I think we're in for one hell of a kick ass conclusion.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Damn- that sucks. But I'd rather see it end on a high note than watch them drag it out.

10. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I don't think that the next season will be Atlantis' last. But if it is, then DirecTV will have nothing for me. I need broadband for podcasts!!!!!! Then I'll get an :apple: tv. :D BTW, nothing wrong with a little Victoria's Secret Cylon.;)

It better go all out, or else I'm gonna be pretty mad, me and about 100,000 of my close friends.:D

First SG-1, then Gilmore Girls, now BSG. Next thing you know it will be 24 (even though it won't be so). Ugh.... This sucks.

11. Queso macrumors G4

I was hoping this would be the case. Once Starbuck announced she knew the way to Earth there's only so much storyline left before they start repeating themselves.

Shows that go out with definite resolution are far better than these crappy last-episode 15 years later type endings (**cough** Voyager **cough**). BSG deserves to go out with the same sort of Babylon 5 "Endgame" high.

12. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I watched the first 2 seasons, and lost interest. Might get season 3 sometime, if I ever get (really) bored. I am not at all distressed at the cancellation.
    Now Star Trek: Enterprise...that was a different story. Great show.

Not saying BSG is bad, but yeah. I'll stop now.

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Umm I do not believe NBC cancelled SG-1. The creator decided that it was a good season to end it on. SG Atlantis still has a while to go on it. I like SG-1 but it was starting to just become same old same old and it was getting pretty old for a show. 10 years is a very long time.

As for BSG the creators are the one choosing to end it in the 4th season. As much as I like it BSG is starting to run the issue of earth is pretty close and how long can you drag out the finally part of the journey and once you find it it would be good time to end the show. TOS BSG was good up until they went with them on earth and it just died there. I rather see BSG go out on a high note and not die off and just become a crappy show. BSG is about the journey to earth and once they get there the journey is pretty much over.