Fracture

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

What did you guys think of the demo?

I thought it was pretty solid, but in the end it's just another generic shooter with a gimmick. I expect it to get low 7 ratings, unless they screw up the technical part.

When I finished the demo, I had no desire to play it again, really. Feels more like a tech demo than an engaging game. Story/characters = total blah.

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I liked the ratchet and clack-ish weapons (that torpedo gun was sweet). But yup, the game wasn't amazing.

3. evan g macrumors regular

yeah it is an interesting concept, but either it needs a lot of polish, or the game won't get far. I can totally see an EPIC FAIL lol

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

With only a few weeks left before it hits the shelves - minus manufacture & duplication time - minus shipping and redistribution time = chance of more polish NIL :eek: chance of EPIC FAIL 'likely' :eek:

5. evan g macrumors regular

Well don't count your chickens before they hatch. Who knows maybe everyone else in the world except us loves it lol.

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It's Lucas Arts, they don't make good games any more, so I doubt the majority will like this game. :)

<]=)

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I don't know about that ... I mean the last Sam & Max was good and even Starwars Force Unleashed is 'good' (not including wii ;) )

Problem with Fracture is they are trying to FORCE (he he - i made a starwars gag *nerd*) a game into a Tech Demo. Were the results going to be any less predictable ?

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

LucasArts' rights for Sam & Max expired in 2005. It's all Steve Purcell and Telltale! (Former LucasArts' employees.) Hurray! :)

Last I checked, Force got a C on all consoles except the PS2. Go figure, since the Wii is literally the same game. hurray. :[

Funny, one of the european sites called Forced Unleashed a tech demo. On the Wii it was just an afterthought. :\

Dam your puns. :( :p

If you were to talk to me in mid ninties and mention LArts, you would get nothing less than absolute praise. I still own most of their games and back in the early nineties, I owned every DOS game they made. The LucasArts now is nothing more than an EVIL doppelganger -- it has no soul.

I'm buying S&M for the Wii BTW. I have the Abe Lincoln episode on my PC -- it was free on Steam. The humor is still in tact, which is great and kind of rare now days, but I don't like that they streamlined the click. Now everything is one click, there's no more options. *bummer* I'm also not completely sold on the 3D yet, mainly because it doesn't have all the animated sequences the old 2D games eventually had an abundance of. It's lacking that extra pizzaz.

<]=)

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Really! oh well guess LucasArt's output just dropped a notch :eek:

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This title will be lost in the backlash wave(Inuyasha reference) of upcoming titles.....too bad so sad.

Bless

12. evan g macrumors regular

Maybe LucasArts is lowering the bar that has been put up so high on their record of games. I mean with a little skip in the pace like Fracture, maybe it will make their next game seem even more awesome.

And I for one enjoyed TFU alot, I played the demo over and over and it didn't get old :D Maybe I'm taking too much for granted, I mean, I thought Mercs 2 was a great game... hmm... :p

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

But did you go out and but the game ? That's the question. ;)

14. evan g macrumors regular

LOL point taken.

Scratch that.

I would enjoyed the demo, but the game probably will suck. (if that made any sense haha)