frames in iweb

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by chriskretzu, Oct 15, 2008.

1. chriskretzu macrumors newbie

i am sure this has already been addressed, but i couldnt find my answer.

i am trying to create a frame in my iweb page, its for the nav bar/top third of the webpage. (www.thefurnaceonline.org - for visual) that way it doesnt have to load every time.

i thought i had heard of people doing this, but i am trying to find help and cant find it anywhere.

please let me know if you know how or know of a tutorial or something.

thanks!

~chris

2. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Frames = bad. Hardly anybody does frames anymore, thankfully, and in any case iWeb doesn't either.

--Eric

3. Mitou macrumors regular

wrong. Frames are done in iweb and for more than frames. You can use a "frame" to insert flash in iweb. It is effective it is not bad except in some people's opinion. Not everyone need to share that opinion.
    You will find what you need in terms of codes and help Here.
    Good luck in your project

4. chriskretzu thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you suggest? is there something new i dont know about? should i just let every part load every time?

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

iWeb uses iframes, not frames. I don't think you can easily add frames to an iWeb page though with the way iWeb publishes the files. chriskretzu is better off just leaving it as is. If s/he is lucky, they browser will keep the nav part in cache, which will help speed up load times across pages. I haven't tested out iWeb pages from this perspective to see if it might happen, but partly depends on the web server as well.

6. Mitou macrumors regular

thanks for the correction, it is amazing what difference a little letter does. I did mean to say iframes.
    I use an iframe to insert my flash menu and it is very functional.