Framing Think Different Posters

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Tre, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Tre macrumors newbie

Hello fellow Mac lovers.

I have a set of posters I bought around 1998-99 (I think?). It was during the "Think Different" campaign. I just loved the commercial, and had to have the posters. I got a set, but never had a good place to display them. Now I have a nice large office and want to show them off.

I don't want to put them in a cheap $10 poster frame, but I also don't have $200 to spend on each one. I have heard so many different things about types of frames (metal, wood, pvc plastic...) and glass vs. plexiglass, and how to mount (drymount, spray mount to foamcore, etc.).

I want them to look nice and not wrinkle. I also don't want to destroy the value of the posters.

So... any advice? Who has had some success with framing these posters (or any posters) and who hasn't?

2. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Nothing that will preserve the MAXIMUM value of the posters will be cheap. You need to keep them "raw" for future collectors (i.e. don't mount them to foamcore, etc.) If you're going to have them on display you need acid free materials inside (backing/matte etc.) and UV glass to prevent fading.

3. Tre thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks for the reply!

That's what I was thinking. Any suggestions or links to good suppliers of quality frames? I know it won't be cheap. Most of the links I have found for poster frames are cheap WalMart-type frames. Looking for some advice from somebody that may have done this and is happy with the results.