France : in store for demo but ....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pookitoo, May 2, 2015.

1. pookitoo macrumors regular

pookitoo

But not for in store purchase ...... Val d'europe and carre senart....

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

3. tecnho macrumors 6502

France : in store for demo but ....

Perhaps throughout the world. With the caveat of some limited alleged availability in Apple stores within the CONUS. Not counting BB.

4. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

Demo models should be in store in Switzerland by Monday.
    Monday should also see delivery of the first orders...
    According to a local, usually well connected blog.

The online-store still lists a 4-6 weeks delivery time for new orders.
    Non-Apple stores talk about a 2 months wait...

Methinks, Apple is trying to get people used to waiting so that when the iCar starts "shipping", no-one is bothered by the 4-months waiting-time...

That said, at least they're honest about it.
    Nothing worse than an online-shop that says "in stock" for all the items you ordered only to reveal later that it's going to take a week or two before the "stock" at the distributor two levels up the supply-chain reaches the store....

5. mrfresh macrumors newbie

Good update. How about the Geneva store?
    There were none on show/stock last week, with staff all having their own opinion on when it will arrive.

6. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

I live in Zurich. I have no idea about Geneva ;-)
    Maybe I've got time to check out the Store tomorrow (it's about 15 minutes from work).
    Well, make that today....already past midnight.

Source:
    http://apfelblog.ch/macbook-mein-eindruck/#comment-1997536730

Apple actually has an office here, not far from the Store. This guy was apparently at a "invite-only" press-briefing of the rMB and got the information from AAPL staff.
    That said, historically the AAPL branch here had about as much authority on things as a typical janitor at One Infinite Loop.
    Decisions are usually handed down from Paris. So, somewhere, in an office in Paris, there might be somebody who knows ;-)

7. mrfresh macrumors newbie

someone knows something.. thanks for the update :)

8. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

Zurich Bahnhofstrasse Store has them on display now.
    Still 3-5 Weeks delivery time.

But boy are they slick.

9. mrfresh macrumors newbie

As of this morning Geneva have all colors on display, two sales staff offered me items to buy too. I inquired as to which models and they had limited numbers of both 1.1 & 1.2 space grey, plus other silver/gold in stock.

Swiss/French keyboards of course.

My order just landed at Arnhem, Netherlands, so a few days away hopefully. I believe it's a road hub for TNT, so they'll probably truck it to Geneva.

Totally impressed, great build quality. No flex on the chassis, and tried opening a heap of apps and switching desktops (virtual desktops). I'm a windows user for about 20yrs so unsure what that's called but couldn't notice any notable lag. Not to the extent of some of the videos shared around. Perhaps an optimized version of in store o/s image?

Great to see the unit well balanced, good weight distribution and centrally located heat, dead centre and towards the rear of the unit. Something Ive wanted to examine for myself.

Anyway, looking forward to the delivery.