France Release: Anyone have info on this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Jul 18, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

The iphone 3g was suppose to be released on july 17.

Try to search for some info about how good was the release there but did not find nothing. If anyone got link, you tube movies link them here please or any info about how good they do and how was the line. any problem they had etc.

2. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Im in France at the moment and walked past a few orange shops on the 17th. There was absolutely no one at them even though there were big posters announcing the release of the iPhone...really wierd!

3. mattfr macrumors newbie

The iPhone was indeed launched last thurday, July the 17th.

If you live in France or read the French news, it looks like you might be living in a hut right in the middle of nowhere. I mean this is everywhere, dude.

I heard some queuing was noticed by their parisian flagship store on the Champs-Elysées on thursday. I haven't seen anything on TV regarding this particular aspect though.

A lot of my friends said they spent the entire day rushing from one store to another in order to find a phone.
    This article quotes a salesperson from a store in Rennes, telling they had been provided with only 10 iPhones so far.
    Since friday, the whole press focuses on the iPhone 3G shortage everywhere.

The exclusive distributor's (Orange) online shop, displays the news right on the front page :
    [​IMG]
    (via)
    And all other partner stores (Fnac, Darty) don't have any left either.

Cheers,
    Matt.

4. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Its wierd that the stores I saw were just empty. On store had a guy unboxing quite a few boxes of iPhones, but he was the only person in the store. That was in Troys. Another store in Troys had two people in. Both shop assistants, one showing the other how to activate the phones.

The other stores I saw were in Toulouse. The big orange shop was quite full, but the smaller ones dotted around were empty. Nothing like the cueing that occurs in American, and some cases England...

5. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thnks for the answers iwas expecting more country release but after the shortages this is going to become slower.

7. Pedromiguel20 macrumors member

The store on the Champs, Orange's one had a line the night before the release : just as in most Apple US stores. On lefigaro, i raid an article of the iphone saying that each Orange store would have more or less 200 iphones and that they would sell out in a few hours as demand was big.