Freaking Flip Video - No sound. Full updated QT Pro, Perian, SL, Flip Share....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sean Dempsey, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Title says it all. Even with Perian 1.1.4, Quicktime Player 7.6.3, Quicktime 10.0, Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Flipshare 5.0.5.......

No sound. Not when I use the Flipshare program, not when I drag the video files right off the camera and open them in Quicktime, not when I use a WMV player...

I've had the Flip for something like 2 years now, and this is a joke. I've never been albe to get sound to work unless I convert it to an MP4 with Visualhub, and then it's fine. But as far as I can tell, there's no way to just play a goddamn Flip video in OS X without first converting it?

What am I missing here? Everything I've read says that the updated Perian pack and QT should play it all.

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I have a Flip Mino HD and it works just fine in its native format. I run into an issue if I try to edit in the native format in Final Cut (the audio has to be rendered).

3. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I have the first FLIP camera produced. Does my camera just not record the video in a format that will work native?

4. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502