Free 10.4 Update?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by atcs17, Dec 29, 2007.

1. atcs17 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is going here or in the iPod Touch section, so I decided to just post it here.

I got an iPod Touch this Christmas, and when I was going to connect it to my computer, it said that the system was too old. I think you need to have Mac OS X version 10.4 (or 10.4.10) and I have version 10.3.9
    I have searched everywhere, and gone through 20 pages in the iPod Touch section, but no one seemed/seems to have this problem.
    And because I don't have version 10.4(.10), I can't use my iPod.. I can only turn it on and off.

Help?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

There is no way to do this, either upgrade or sync your iPod with someone else's computer...

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

You should be able to pick up a copy of Tiger cheaply on eBay, but mebbe this is the time to buy Leopard? =]

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Definitely check ebay if you're interested in buying Tiger, but I'm not so sure you'll find a good enough deal to make it worth your while (and as always, be cautious when buying software from ebay).

...I think this is the perfect opportunity to upgrade to Leopard. ;)

5. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

6. atcs17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey all, thanks for your replies. They're greatly appreciated. :)

I've only had this computer for about two years, so I'm not planning on buying a new computer lol.

@ BiikeMike:

I have an iMac G5.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

An iMac G5 shouldn't have a problem with leopard, time to upgrade the OS to 10.5.x ...

If you have the room on the drive. :p

Though Tiger is likely less expensive, now -- which may be worth a look if you don't want to spend a lot.

8. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Yeah, if you have a G5, you should be good with Lepoard. I was asking, because I still have an older Power Mac G3, and I think 10.3.9 is about as high as I would go with it.

9. atcs17 thread starter macrumors newbie

I upgraded my computer to Leopard so my problem is solved. :p

Well thanks again for your replies. :)

10. NormanSharp macrumors newbie

I have also have a g3 10.2.4 and I need to update to at least a 10.3 to run some programs. Are there any ways to downloads for free?

11. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

No way of doing it legally, as Apple put copyright on there software:p

You would be able to get a copy of Panther very cheaply though, which is probably the route you should go down.

12. yushkovd macrumors newbie

Answer: I have a MAC 10.4.10 installation disk.

13. 2littlemac macrumors newbie

2littlemac

new 2 mac

Hi everyone i have just bought a second hand laptop. its my first ever computer i use my boyfriends or my iphone.
    it is a apple g3 and it has a system called 10.2 osx at the moment. i have had my iphone for a year and 2 monthsl but i have been told if i got laptop i could put a o2 pay & go dongle in laptop with the iphone sim in the dongle(which has free unlimited wifi and edge browsing on sim) Only it wont work on 10.2 i need to have 10.4 so i google'd it and came up on this page. i was wondring what is leopard and i have looked on the ebay after reading your comments and 10.4 is 2 discs which it says have to be compatible with the system they were originally for. they are going for £30 tooo much for me and can i be sure this will work. does anyone know what a airport card is as it has that in it im not sure atall what i am doing. i usually just do email and bebo.
    thanks xoxoxo:eek: