All iPads Free 200MB T-Mobile with iPad Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by planethitsradio, Nov 4, 2013.

1. planethitsradio macrumors member

Hey guys,

I don't post that much on here but i'd like your advice.

I am looking on finally upgrading my first gen iPad to an iPad Air. Yeah I know, it's been a VERY long time but I have the questions (note: I am in Canada)

Target is running the $200 min trade in promotion, which I think is a good deal. I know I have to cross into the US and go to the US Target, that's not a problem with me. It's a pretty good deal, although I have a 64G 3G iPad.

When I discovered T-Mobile is offering 200MB free data every month, I think its a steal of a deal if I can get it. I don't use really much data, but I would like to have the flexibility to get email or web on the go. I just want to be sure before I spend the time to cross the border and pull the trigger, so I am asking the following.

1. Is there any billing information with T-Mobile that you need. I would just get a simple SIM from a T-Mobile store or retailer and pop it in the Air.

2. International roaming is going to be free either now, or very shortly. Does that include Canada?

3. Is the roaming full LTE, 4G, 3G, or HSPA - this would be a deciding factor.

I read constantly, and you're the guys to ask so I appreciate all insight.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

when you sign up for the 200mb data plan, you have to give your address, which i'm not sure will work if you're based in canada. also, i was under the impression that free international data roaming was for phones and not tablets. somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

3. planethitsradio thread starter macrumors member

If I need a US address to give them, I can use a "US address". Do I have to give photo ID or can I do it online to avoid that? Can I just walk into a T-Mobile store, buy a SIM and then activate it online?

4. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

No international roaming on the 200m free data. International roaming only applies to post-paid plans.

5. holycowe macrumors member

Just buy a tmobile model, it comes with a nano sim already. Activate it to get 200 mb is very ez and quick. You can give it any USA address, any phone #, email and password and that's it.
    But I'm not sure if it'll work once you cross the border back to canada