Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dloreski

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Hi all.
I had planned on using Pages, but some very basic documents I've made from Office won't allign correctly on it. So I would imagine I will see this again in the future too.
If I purchase a new copy of Office 2008 for Mac now, do they give me a free upgrade when '10 is out?
I thought I read this some place but wasn't sure.
- Dave

Schwieb

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi all.
I had planned on using Pages, but some very basic documents I've made from Office won't allign correctly on it. So I would imagine I will see this again in the future too.
If I purchase a new copy of Office 2008 for Mac now, do they give me a free upgrade when '10 is out?
I thought I read this some place but wasn't sure.
- Dave
We have at times offered such a "Technology Guarantee" in the past. I don't know if we're planning to offer one for Office 2011 or not, but if we are, it hasn't been announced. Typically, such a guarantee says "for any purchase after such-and-such a date, you get a free upgrade to the next version when it is available on such-and-such a different date", and the "purchase after" date is usually pretty close to the announcement date.

Since we haven't made any announcement like that, I'm pretty sure that if you buy Office 2008 right now, you won't get any free upgrade to 2011. I don't know if we'll make such an offer in the future.

Schwieb
MacBU Dev Lead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.