Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbook Matt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Does anyone know of any decent free 3D modeling programs that are available for Apple computers? Thanks.

xamp

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2006
You could also try SketchUp 6, from Google. Simple but great for quickly putting something together. I've found this particularly helpful when doing architectural/furniture work.

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
DAZ released Bryce 5.5 as a free download when 6.0 came out. It's not as powerful as some of the others but it's pretty easy to use. Available for OS X and Windows at Download.com

Jostifer

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2007
Maybe you can give Wings3D a try?
Its so easy its scary, so ofc its 3D for the ultimate beginner :p
There should be some links on the site for some tutorials you can follow :)

Jostein

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
You could also try SketchUp 6, from Google. Simple but great for quickly putting something together. I've found this particularly helpful when doing architectural/furniture work.

Best modeler out there, in my opinion. I do all my modeling with SketchUp and then render with other programs (when I do actually render).

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Blender > All on the free 3D front.

Maya Personal Learning Edition would be the best except it water marks your renders so is not really an option unless you are using it to test if you want to buy the full version of Maya which is slightly more expensive :p.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.