FREE 4k on youtube

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
If you go on any device connected to your tv....go into search...write just 4k...then it will send you to many 4K videos....if you view on a HD 1920 x 1080...you will see a dramatic improvement in the picture...try it.....you don't need Apple TV to see it...save your money. And its F R E E....

You might try a search for just 8K too. And it's also free.

You might even go outside and look at nature with your eyes. Then you don't need an :apple:TV or a TV. And that's even higher resolution AND 3D without glasses AND interactive far superior to Virtual Reality (no goggles required). You can touch the stuff you see and even smell it without smell-o-vision technologies. And it's free too.

More seriously: I'm not everyone but what I suspect they want to see is not just 4K resolution (on or off of a 1080p TV) but actually video they want to watch that also happens to be available at 4K resolution on a 4K TV.

Anyone dazzled by only 4K resolution has probably had the opportunity to see it already in some way. The point of a 4K:apple:TV and 4K television is to be able to see desirable movies, etc in 4K. Those desirable movies are generally NOT available for free on youtube.

Last edited:

StarShot

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2014
If you go on any device connected to your tv....go into search...write just 4k...then it will send you to many 4K videos....if you view on a HD 1920 x 1080...you will see a dramatic improvement in the picture...try it.....you don't need Apple TV to see it...save your money. And its F R E E....
Yeah, you can see some 4K on youtube, but for now it's mainly crap (in 4K). While I haven't tried it, I assume some of their paid content is fine. A better want is to spring for Amazon Prime where there is some free content IF you are a Prime subscriber. Move 4K on NetFlix, but I think their 4K content costs around $15 a month. Directv has some free 4K content as well if you're a subscriber.

Totally free will have to wait until the OTA networks go to 4K content.

archer75

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
Netflix 4k is $11.99 and also allows you to watch 4 streams at a time. Netflix is hiking prices soon and it will go to $13.99