iPod touch free 4th gen ipod touch w iMac

DTDT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
I was wondering--when the new ipod touch comes out around September, will it replace the current ipod touch as a free gift you get when buying an iMac through an education store for 'back to school'? I'm looking to buy an iMac soon and I don't know whether to wait for a better ipod touch...thanks.

heesey1010

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2006
99% chance that either will happen:
  • The 4th iPod touch will be released AFTER september 5th or whenever the promotion ends
  • Even if it is released before the event (as it happened ONCE), they will make sure it only applies to the previous generation

Sorry :(

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I was wondering--when the new ipod touch comes out around September, will it replace the current ipod touch as a free gift you get when buying an iMac through an education store for 'back to school'? I'm looking to buy an iMac soon and I don't know whether to wait for a better ipod touch...thanks.
No, the promo only works for the current generation of iPod.

MsMerryMac

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
If you read the fine print on Apple...

it states that the iPod Touch being given away in the back to school deal is an iPod Touch 2G - actually it is a rebate coupon for the full amount which you have to redeem.

MCRunning

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Nope, just like every year it ends before the new iPod's come out. They just do it to get rid of their current inventory to make room for the new ones.

drmalan

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Purchased an Imac yesterday which came with a free iPod touch after rebate.
Was told by the manager of the apple store that if a new model of the touch is released with in 15 days from the time of purchase that I would be able to exchange for a new model however there may be a price difference.

Qwerty11

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Was told by the manager of the apple store that if a new model of the touch is released with in 15 days from the time of purchase that I would be able to exchange for a new model however there may be a price difference.
Really?

Chek

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2005
Wow. Lucky you. Where are you from? Not true for Europe according to AppleOnlineStores.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Hate to say it, but I'll be very surprised if you are actually able to do this. Good luck, though. Let us know how it works out.

speedfreak007

macrumors member
May 22, 2009
the new ipod touches are for sale, but when i check the back to school deal, it only works with old ipod touches (they list the MC numbers). But you can't buy an old ipod touch any more in the online store (and in belgium, they only have the online apple store). How can I get a free ipod touch now?

dhlee528

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Seattle
you can get new model but you don't get rebate