Free 50 GB of cloud storage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikethebigo, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

It's browser based only- no Mac OS/Windows client, which is rather inconvenient. Wish they'd change it.

And BTW, the limit on free space for Dropbox is something like 16.6GB.

3. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

Really? I only got 2 GB when I signed up, and the only upgrade option in the app is Dropbox Pro 50 which is 100 bucks.

How can I up the free storage?

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

You can get up to 10GB free on Dropbox by referring friends. You can generate referral URLs in your web based account settings (I have 4.5GB free right now).

I am totally getting the 50GB box.net account. 40Gb will be used immediately to back up my iPhoto library. The other 10GB I'm not sure yet, but im sure it will come in handy!

With this space, iCloud, and iTunes Match I will officially have my backup needs completed in the cloud.

I'll still keep a hard copy on blu ray and update once a year though, just in case.

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

If you go on Dropbox's website they have like 750 MB or 1GB worth of free bonuses (liking them on Facebook, following them on Twitter, tweeting about them, etc.).

For each friend referral you get (person has to install Dropbox, sign up, and sign in from a computer that your Dropbox account has never been logged into) you get 250 MB per referral. If you add an @edu email address to your Dropbox account all of your bonuses (and referrals) are doubled, so referrals count for 500 MB of free space each. I think you can have something like 15 referrals.

6. mgirg macrumors regular

What is the best way to upload your iPhoto library to box net? I am having difficulty uploading everything.

Mike

7. wongster41 macrumors regular

I just registered via my iphone and it's not 50GB free for life, it's only free for 50 days.

" Get a FREE 50 GB lifetime account for file storage and sharing through Dec. 2, 2011. To get your automatic upgrade, download the Box app on your iPhone or iPad and register or sign in to your account - it's that easy. Box provides simple, secure sharing from anywhere – letting you easily store files online, send big files fast, access content on-the-go, and collaborate with others. Box for iPhone and iPad lets you:" - itunes

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/box.net/id290853822

8. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

The offer for the lifetime 50 GB lasts for 50 days. The lifetime 50 GB lasts... well, you get the idea.

9. gregrose macrumors 6502