free access to ATT wifi hotspots with iPad 3g data plans?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aneftp, Apr 19, 2010.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

I'm curious since there is no mention of this on ATT's website.

I know the iPad 3G has a $15 limited data plan (250MB) and a $30 unlimited data plan. And there are no contracts.

ATT offers "free" wifi hotspots to their customers of smartphone who have data plans, including the iPhone data plan.

So is there anywhere that states if you sign up with a 3G iPad data plan that you will have access to free wifi hotspots?

2. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I haven't tried it today, but I had no problem using their Wifi connection at starbucks last week (no cost, no login) with my Wifi only iPad so I can only assume it will be available on 3G models.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

4. bniu macrumors 6502a

if u have at&t dsl or u-verse internet, wifi hotspot access is already included for you, so it's not that important for me...

5. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

AFAIK, the answer is "Yes, you do get free access to AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots nationwide".

6. Bierp macrumors member

Bierp

3G iPads get free access to the 20,000+ AT&T WiFi Hotspots in the US, provided your 3G access is current.

If your 3G is active, access to those hotspots is seamless. (No authentication page required, the iPad will negotiate the access automatically, as it does with an iPhone.)

Hope that helps,
    B

7. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

It asks me for login if I use incognito mode on chrome. What credentials should I use to log in?

8. Sparticu$ macrumors member

Yes if you have any wireless data service with ATT you get free access to all of their wifi hotspots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

9. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I don't think I've ever come across an AT&T hotspot that wasn't free for everyone. All the Starbucks hotspots are free in the US for everyone. Can anyone cite some examples of AT&T hotspots that require payment for non-AT&T customers?