Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexwei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Hi guys,

Recently I realized that when I'm using safari on my iPhone, on top of the page will always shows some free app ads and it is unable to close even when I tape the x button..

Have you guys have the same problem too or it's just me?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Only in some sites that have associated apps right?

alexwei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
No. Even now I'm on macromurs, it still shows the imdb app. I don't understand why I can't just close it. ;(

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No. Even now I'm on macromurs, it still shows the imdb app. I don't understand why I can't just close it. ;(
Something isn't right then. Have you tried closing all tabs and closing Safari and relaunching it? Perhaps restating the phone? Maybe clearing all data in Safari settings?

alexwei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Oooo! It works after I cleaned my browser history. Still don't know why that happened though but thanks!! I wasn't thinking about cleaning my history! :)

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
I'd report this to Apple somehow. If some unscrupulous company has managed to make this happen on a large scale, it's going to piss off a lot of those casual users who aren't even aware that you can force close/wipe browsing history.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.