Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Hi,

I've found a lot of online services that download YouTube videos, but for some weird reason they won't allow me to download the video I want to download in its maximum resolution (which is 1080p), and if some of them offer me that option they won't include the audio (???).

Do you guys have some tip?

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Try this free software TubeGeter to download youtube videos in HD 1080p, HD 720p, 4K, and 8K resolution

That appears to be a Windows application.

And while it appears you can “download for free”, the limited information on the website indicates payment for features.

So it is unclear what it does for free compared to what you have to pay for.

It could be an interesting program. But the details of its abilities is very superficial. Some of the descriptions, I’m not even sure what they mean. As in that sounds cool, but it doesn’t really tell me what it’s going to do or how.

But the original poster was looking for a program to run on his Macintosh.

I believe the website hints at you being the developer. Hopefully the above feedback will help you refine the website.

Reactions: iRock1

freeman1899

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
youtube-dl
If you don't mind it being a command line tool this is the best thing you can get. Due to being an open source project and being actively developed it works with a lot of sites.

Reactions: Traace

Traace

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2018
Germany
youtube-dl
If you don't mind it being a command line tool this is the best thing you can get. Due to being an open source project and being actively developed it works with a lot of sites.

youtube-dl is amazing, with ffmpeg it supports downloading all formats available for a video.

Current verions runs on 10.4+ PPC / Intel :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.