Free Apple Care for Apple Cinema Display ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by siam, Nov 6, 2010.

1. siam macrumors regular

I am helping my neighbor who wants to buy a Mac mini and a 27 inch Apple Cinema Display at the same time .

He is all so thinking about getting Apple Care at some time .

we have looked on the Apple web site ( Thailand ) and under the Apple Care section it says this ..

[​IMG]

Now we are wondering which way to interperate that above statement ?

1. You buy a Mac mini and a Apple Cinema display at the same time , the invoice shows that the Two items were bought together on the same date .

Within the first year of buying the Two items , you can buy only the Mac mini Apple Care ,and if the Apple Cinema display needs a repair with in the same period of the purchased Mac mini Apple Care cover , its repaired as if its all so got the Apple Care cover .

2. You buy a Mac mini and a Apple Cinema display and the Mac mini Apple Care at the same time , the invoice shows that the Three items were bought together on the same date .

if Apple Cinema display needs a repair with in the same period of the purchased Mac mini Apple Care cover , its repaired as if its all so got the Apple Care cover .

We have contacted the local Apple Reseller ( only resellers in Thailand ) and they were not sure .

So we are wondering which is correct 1. or 2 .

or are we reading it all wrong ?

Thanks

2. GGJstudios, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From the APP agreement:
    Both 1 and 2 are accurate. You can either buy APP at the time you buy the computer, or you can buy it any time during the first year. The Apple Warranty covers the computer and display for the first year. APP covers years 2 and 3.

3. siam thread starter macrumors regular

Under APP, Apple covers the Covered Equipment and one Apple branded display if purchased at the same time and registered with a covered Mac mini, Mac Pro or MacBook Pro, computer

Thanks for your comment , the part I'm not too sure on is , to get the Apple Care cover for the ACD , do you have to buy the Apple Care for the Mac mini
    at the same time as when you buy the Two pieces of Apple equipment.

normally I buy the Apple cover towards the end of the first years manufactures warranty,

just a small point I know :)

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You don't have to buy AppleCare at the same time, but you have to buy (and register) the display at the same time as the Mini. In other words, if you don't register it, they won't know that you bought them together, and you'll have to go through a few extra steps to prove it. So you can buy the Mini and the display, and then go to the Apple website to register them, and you'll be able to input the display's serial number right next to the Mini's on the page (don't remember the exact layout).

jW