"Free" Applecare through B&H Photo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Naimfan, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Naimfan Suspended

Naimfan

"Free" is in quotes because it only applies to "select" Macs, but if anyone is interested and concerned about keyboard failures one can save a significant amount of money.

For example, the 2016 15" 2.9 GHz/460/1 TB model is $2499 with Applecare + included, which according to the B&H site is a savings of $1,379 on that model from the regular retail price.

Not affiliated with BH at all; thought this might be of interest to some folks here.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

And then add the savings from no tax on there as well.

3. jasonhedgepeth macrumors newbie

jasonhedgepeth

I've always been a fan of purchasing from B&H - and the no tax is one of the major reasons.

4. AmazingRobie macrumors 6502

AmazingRobie

+1 for B&H. Like them, even though they dint honor their sales ad one time for a battery grip I had my eye on. Still sore about that one, but can't disagree that it's fantastic they exist.

5. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68030

ThunderSkunk

I buy all our Macs through B&H. It's rare that a mail order company is anything to get excited about, but BH starts with great prices and sales and ends with great CS. And their brick & mortar location is totally bonkers if you ever get to see it. One of a few companies I truly like.

6. jasonhedgepeth macrumors newbie

jasonhedgepeth

I've always wanted to visit their brick and mortar store. 70,000 sq. ft. - now that's a lot of tech!

7. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

I love B&H too, but admittedly I feel bad because I've heard they treat their employees very poorly. Hopefully those problems are over.

upload_2018-4-17_10-50-27.png