"Free apps" alerting app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Damian83, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Damian83 macrumors member

hi! i want to know if there is an app that alerts u when a specific app (user defined) becomes free or with a discount. thanks

2. DSX27 macrumors newbie

Free App Win: Paid Apps Free + WIN Prizes Daily is the app that will alert free apps. :D:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

3. Damian83 thread starter macrumors member

are u sure that i can manually define apps im waiting for, or its something similar to appsfire deals (that i already use)? also consider that i cant get benefits from the wins because im in italy

4. DSX27 macrumors newbie

The app just tells you the popular apps which are free for only this day or week. I don't think you can manually set up the apps you want for free. But you can turn on the app in notification center and it will tell you which popular apps are free:apple::apple::apple:

5. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

I know of a lot of websites that do this but no apps(that I can think of). But I want to find one of these too!

6. nutmac macrumors 68040

The best implementation is made by MacRumor's sister site, AppShopper. My only quibbles are that it doesn't alert in-app purchase and not optimized for retina iPad.

7. Damian83 thread starter macrumors member

no matter if its app or a website. i will try this one. thanks

8. nutmac macrumors 68040

It's both a website and app.