Free apps for itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chipNdale, Jan 7, 2009.

1. chipNdale macrumors member

hi,
    I was wondrin if someone here will be kind hearted enough to send a copy of apps that i could directly install on my touch. See I am not able to register my ipod since it will require a credit card number or a card number which i unfortunately dont have. Having said this there is no way for me to even access free aps on app stores=(.

Be really really happy if someone will share. . .

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

you can make an account with out the use of a credit card just use an expired gift card or google search

3. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

Can't you just choose "None" when it asks for a credit card? Also, I'm fairly certain even free apps have DRM, so no one could send you an app anyway.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Hmm... try to buy a free app. Now, click create a new account when it asks you to log in. Then select the "none" option under Payment. Create your account and have fun.

5. NachoB macrumors newbie

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Just to let everyone know: when you put any card the iTUnes store goes and withdraws a dollar to make sure the account is valid and active. I'd suggest put in a friends, parents, or any relatives or people you may know.

7. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

if you're using the latest version of iTunes you can just select none next to the credit card names.

8. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

yes I am using the latest itouch...and you are correct no "none" option.=,(

9. WPeterson macrumors member

WPeterson

the excellent tip.
    one friend told me so when i'm first to itunes store to buy free apps.

10. Walt DI macrumors member

I think apple should start letting you use the store without having a credit card...but ay, thats just me..

11. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

that is what am also hoping for... besides its for free right...=,( thanks for the help replies you guys... may touch still looks the same way as I bought it..same apps installed. I even don't have the facebook apps..so so sad...

12. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

that is what am also hoping for... besides its for free right...=,( thanks for the help replies you guys... my touch still looks the same way as I bought it..same apps installed. I even don't have the facebook apps..so so sad...

13. scrappledog macrumors member

Or you could ...

Why not just get a credit card then? No one's making you overuse it, just get one. Lowest limit possible. There's no way people can "give" you their apps.

14. iTim314 macrumors 6502

Or do what I did and just go to your bank and get a Check/Debit card. Works just the same, withdraws right from your checking, so no spending money you don't have, aka, one of the reasons for the Great Depression, as well as for all these foreclosed homes and repossessed cars. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'd like to get me one of these 'iTouches.' :cool: Is it anything like the iPod touch? :apple:

EDIT:: That last part was sarcastic, and no comments were meant to harm anyone in anyway. Flame off. :)

15. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately I know I would overuse the credit card reason why I dont want to apply...

as for you saying "There's no way people can "give" you their apps" maybe thats for you only..I still believe that there are those who think otherwise..reason why I tried posting the thread..Thanks anyways...=)

I will try to do the debit card thing thanks for the suggestion

16. euunog macrumors newbie

Have you tried doing this? I am using iTunes without a credit card thanks to the above method.

17. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

hi euunog,

I have not tried it yet... what gen is your itouch? i have read somewhere that ist only works for the 1st gen

18. euunog macrumors newbie

2nd. You just have to create an iTunes account when trying to download a free app instead of when setting up the iPod and the "none" payment option will show up.

19. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You are right that there are people who think otherwise, but discussing that is against the policy of this forum.

20. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

acknowledged.

hi euung thanks.... il try it...