Free apps turn into paid apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anamznazn, Nov 3, 2008.

1. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

Let's say I downloaded a free App before it went paid (for example, AirSharing or Fuzzle). If I were to restore my phone and redownload those apps, will I be charged the new amount listed?...or still able to download it for free because I had a previous record of downloading it before it went paid?

2. efice32 macrumors 6502

Restoring the phone won't affect the apps you have on your computer in iTunes. So if you downloaded an app for free into iTunes, then it'll still be there after you restore and it will just sync onto the phone. You won't really have to "re-download" the apps. If you got the app through the app store on the phone and haven't backed it up then you might lose it though. In the event that happens then I'd think you'd probably have to pay whatever price the app is currently in the app store since you are actually re-downloading the app. At least this is my understanding of how the system works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

No it wont, as long as it is still in your itunes it will install ok, i've just upgraded to the iphone 3g from my 2g and all my paid apps whipped across just fine :D

4. pkagel macrumors regular

Since I haven't been to my computer in a month I of course haven't had the chance to sync with it but when I buy an app on my iPhone I am able to download it for free on my Touch even if I erase it off of my iPhone. I'd imagine it wouldn't matter if you have sync'd or not. It just matters that Apple has a record online of you buying the app.

5. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

As long as you re-download them under the same iTunes account as the original, you won't be charged.