Free Apps with In App Purchases

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ChrisFish, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ChrisFish macrumors newbie

Has anyone come across any of these yet? That is fairly new to the App Store.

The reason I ask is that I retooled my application to take advantage of this, but the App Store rejected it with a generic "Trial or feature limited" message. I wanted to do this instead of having a separate Lite version from the Full version. Our app would keep any data or settings the user made in the Lite version when they unlocked it essentially.
    From what I understood, this ability sounded like it was to get rid of the Lite version/separate Full version situation on the App store.

I would like to see what other apps are out there for comparison, so if anyone has seen any or has any insight, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. nard macrumors newbie

I was thinking of using this in my upcoming version as a way to make an in-app purchase to disable ads in my free app. I think this is probably the best way to go because you dont have 2 different versions to support, and people are not going to go out and crack the app to make it free. Hopefully because people have a choice to pay and make it ad-free, there will be conversions.