Free at last...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DZL, Jun 19, 2007.

1. DZL macrumors regular

free at last, thank God almighty; I'm free at last.

I've been a life-long PC user - I've always used it for 3d purposes (3ds max), but when I discovered the wonders of Bootcamp (now, Parallels, and VMware) - well, I decided to free myself from the shackles of Microsoft.

I just ordered the new(est) macbook pro 17" with the high-res glossy screen upgrade, and a host of goodies: a Logitech V270 Cordless Optical Mouse, a Speck See Thru 17-Inch MacBook Pro Hard Case, a RadTech ScreenSavrz, a Sleevz from RadTech, and a ProTouch Keyboard Protector.

o.k., maybe overkill on the add-ons, but what the hell!

I will only run 3ds max on windows - I'm going to run all my other apps on the OSX.

I've been lurking for a while, and gathering as much info as possible about the purchase - thanks to everyone who unknowingly helped out.

I'll post pics as soon as everything arrives --

DZL.

2. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Amen brotha!

I'm also hoping to get myself an iMac when the upgrade comes, just having problem convincing my dad who is the biggest Windows fan I know of...

Have fun with your MacBook Pro!

3. Mundy macrumors regular

Hopefully when Autodesk gives 3dsmax the rewrite that it so badly needs, they'll bring it to the Macintosh like they did Maya.

4. DZL thread starter macrumors regular

3ds max

Mundy - That would be great - it's needed badly, to be sure.

5. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

6. dkirlew macrumors member

Autodesk never brought Maya to Mac. Iit was Alias the company Autodesk bought that brought Maya to Mac

7. DZL thread starter macrumors regular

maya

dkirlew -

yes, that's true, however Autodesk has continued to offer Maya for the OSX - the latest version 8.5 is available to apple users.

8. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Congrats on your new computer, i would recommend you get Parallels 3.0 its really amazing and would work wonders so that you dont even have to use a windblows pc again.

9. DZL thread starter macrumors regular

parallels

crazycat - thanks - but i hear that parallels slows down both op systems; as it basically splits resources - is this true?

10. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I prefer VMWare to Parallels.