Free ATT Wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aaronptrck, May 11, 2008.

1. aaronptrck macrumors member

aaronptrck

Well Apple and ATT would hate me for this, and BTW I think this will work on Computers to if you know the correct URL...

So here's what you do:

Go to an Apple Retail store, and go to a DISPLAY iPhone, look up the phone number of that iPhone, and write it down.... and from then on just enter that on the login ATT Page!!!

Anyone tried this?
    (I am such a genuis for thinking this up lol)

2. aaronptrck thread starter macrumors member

aaronptrck

AND BTW, if this does work, we can have a list of numbers of Macrumors, so users can get that free wifi, on their Touch's or Laptops!

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Dude, you are THE MAN!

I never thought of that, and i cant wait to try it!

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Do you think they would allow it if the same phone number is used at multiple wifi spots at the same time?

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Mabey that havent thought about it.

6. aaronptrck thread starter macrumors member

aaronptrck

Ya that might be a problem, and if it is you should probably just get the number from the iPhone Display and keep it to yourself..... but if it isn't..... We will have a HUGE list of numbers for FREE ATT internet!!!

7. bluechipBMW macrumors member

Hmmm....is that the same as if my friend has a iphone can I use their number to login? If that's the case then no need to go to the store to grab the number.

8. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

The phones are activated but don't have service and, therefore, don't have a number. Or at least that's how they are at any AT&T store I've been to.

Sorry if I ruined anyone's dreams of stealing Wifi.....

9. aaronptrck thread starter macrumors member

aaronptrck

But say you call your cell phone from a phone, it will display a number that the call is coming from, because it is a cell phone (meaning it won't say: Private Calling Number)

And it will probably work if you use your friends iPhone ##, the main part of this discussion is to find universal iphone ## that you would find on the display phones in the Apple Store.

10. Acronym macrumors 68000

but where do you go to log in with the phone # (yes all ahil the newby question)

11. aaronptrck thread starter macrumors member

aaronptrck

When you go into a ATT wifi hotspot (the lovely) log-in page will come up automatically

12. bluechipBMW macrumors member

I tried this yesterday by using my friends number to login into an ATT Wifi who has an iphone and it did not work. It prompted me for a password so I entered the number of my friends iphone. It seemed as if it connected but I was not able to access my email or the internet. Oh well...it was a good try!

13. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

They'll probably switch it so it's like T-Mobile hotspots, you have to put in the number and a password....

14. shadowdude77 macrumors newbie

In the one I went to (at the Caesar's mall in Atlantic City) about 4 of them have numbers and the rest don't. I amuse myself by standing there with a list of the numbers, calling people on the iPhone when they're playing with it.

15. aaronptrck thread starter macrumors member

aaronptrck

Be sure and tell us if any of those numbers work when you try logging in at an ATT Hotspot! ;)